Chapter 9

Natasha and Clint rushed into the principal's office with matching concerned looks on their faces. Sitting in front of the principal, who was sat deeply in his seat, was Steve, Thor and Bruce. Natasha frowned when she noticed Tony was missing.

"What happened?" Clint finally spoke up from the doorway where he stood.

"Kids, please go wait outside. Mr Burton, Miss Rushman, have a seat." The old, bald man said gesturing towards the now empty seats across from him.

After the kids had left the room and Natasha and Clint were seated the principal got started explaining the situation.

"It seems that your son Tony has been getting bullied." The man said in a soft voice, "Today I caught your children in a bit of a situation in the hallway, I have interviewed all those involved and I have decided to let your kids off with just a simple warning due to the fact that they didn't really get physically back. I have heard the full story and I see no need to punish your children. I have suspended the others involved." He informed them.

"What caused it all?" Natasha questioned, "In what way were they bullying Tony? Where is Tony?"

"Tony is fine; he is getting checked over by the school's nurse." The principal slid a wrinkled piece of paper towards the other two adults in the room, it was the letter the bully had given Tony before the fight. "What I was told was that two classmates of Tony's were forcing him to do their science projects by threatening to beat him up and to even hurt Bruce. Tony decided that he would not do the projects anymore and the others didn't take that very well. They started to punch and kick Tony, Steve then got involved by pulling the other off Tony and the other was about to lash out on Steve but then Thor showed up. Thor did get a little physical but I've decided to just let him off with a warning."

"So you've dealed with the bullies?" Clint asked, his arms were crossed. He knew it was a bad idea to send these kids to school.

"The others involved have been given a lecture by me and have been suspended for two weeks, when they return they will have three weeks detention." The principal explained, "I also believe they have all been grounded by their parents."

It was silent for a bit and Natasha let out an angry sigh, "You let this happen often at this school sir?" Spat out.

"Nat.." Clint said softly, but she just shook her head fuming.

"I'm sincerely sorry this has happened." The principal replied simply.

"We are taking the kids home early." Natasha replied while getting up and leaving the room.

"Thank you sir." Clint said, shaking the other man's hand and then leaving to follow Natasha.

Outside the office Steve and Bruce were standing awkwardly waiting, while Thor had made himself comfortable sitting against the lockers. "Come on guys we are going home, let's go collect Tony." Clint told them, giving Thor a helping hand up.

Natasha led the way to the school nurse and as they arrived Tony was exiting the room.

The boy jumped a bit when he looked up, not expecting the others to be there. His eyes were glassy from crying and he already had two visible bruises, one along his cheek bone and one along his jaw. "Oh hey... We leav-?"

Natasha interrupted Tony's question with a big hug, "глу́пый ма́льчик, next time you better come to me if anyone gives you any trouble. Okay?"

Tony closed his eyes and nodded his head softly while leaning into the hug more.

The drive home was silent.