Chapter 3

"Hey guys, just in time for lunch!" Clint smiled as Natasha, Tony and Bruce entered.

Steve and Thor were sitting at the dining table and Clint was up ready to make whatever people wanted for lunch.

"That was the plan, Barton." Natasha replied to Clint, moving over to stand next to him as Tony and Bruce made their ways over to the dining table.

Before sitting down tiny Bruce walked over and gave Thor a hug and then whispered, "I'm sorry." Everyone froze in shock and just stared wide eyed at Bruce. Everyone except Thor.

"The young mortal spoke! I accept your apology my friend. I would like to say sorry myself, for I was in the wrong to." Thor said grinning at Bruce and giving the small boy another big hug. Bruce let out a small smile in return.

Everybody else in the room was smiling as well and Clint chuckled, "Very cute! Now sandwiches for lunch?"

Everyone said yes in reply except Tony who asked if he could just make himself a piece toast, Natasha allowed him to.

They were all eating when Clint spoke up, "So uh... This is going to sound super strange but we have been told we need to send you guys to school."

All the kids froze and Tony choked on his sip of the coffee he made himself.

"Excuse me, I don't understand." Steve spoke up awkwardly, "I thought we were going home?"

"Yes, you are! But for the time you are here we need to send you to school." Natasha answered, grimacing.

"Mortal School? This shall be quite the experience!" Thor said with a smile, he seemed to be excited about this.

"But uh, I'm from a different time." Steve said as though he was ashamed.

Natasha looked around at all the kid's reactions to the news.

Steve looked stressed, awkwardly still holding his sandwich he was previously halfway through eating.

Tony looked like he was about to cry, he was frowning at the adults in confusion.

Thor looked surprisingly content about the idea, still eating his nearly finished sandwich.

And Bruce just looked uncomfortable and nervous not looking up from his plate of food.

"Hey guys don't worry! This might not even happen! We are going to talk to our director, Nick Fury, and try to convince him not to go through with this." Clint said noticing how upsetting this seemed for all the kids except Thor.

They all nodded in reply and slowly went back to eating."Clint, I'm going to call Fury and get him to come over to talk." Natasha spoke as she stood and left the room.

It was about an hour after they had finished lunch and everyone had returned to doing their own things.

Steve was in the lounge room and was watching some classic movie he had found on TV.

Tony was also in the lounge room, he was on the floor reassembling the TV remote he had disassembled before out of boredom. The remote Steve had placed down after finding the right channel to watch.

And Thor was with Bruce; the two were playing a massive game of hide and seek. Bruce, being how quiet he is, is a lot better at hiding than Thor. This meant a frustrated Thor whenever it was his turn to find Bruce.

At this moment, Fury entered the lounge room from the elevator. Hearing the elevator Tony looked up and was the first one to see the man.

"There's a pirate in the tower!"