Chapter 28 - Home

Start from the beginning

"I thought you ran away." He chuckled.

"No way!" I boomed, gaining some unwanted attention. I pout at him for thinking something so absurd. 

All the buses pulled over on the side of the road, waiting for permission to pass. This gave everyone enough time to change buses if they wished to do so. I practically clung to Theo, not wanting to lose sight of him again. Several people poured off bus one and got on bus five, there weren't enough seats for everyone so some people had to stay behind. A few minutes later the buses pulled away and drove off into the distance. Theo decided to stay behind, and I stayed with him.

Some hours passed and the driver finally got the problem fixed. He didn't look too pleased. Anyone could hear him swearing under his breath within a two hundred feet radius. During that period of time I sat in the grass off of the road side and watched the sky. Theo joined me not long after. This moment reminded me of the first day of our trip when we cloud gazed on that grassy hill. A few more people took to the grass a distance away from us and the other teens were being just as loud as usual. Some were on their phones while others chased each other around.

When we finally got back on the road the sun was just about to set. I was actually glad for the delay. I was in no hurry to get back to my living hell, in fact I wouldn't mind if we were stranded our here forever. That just means I would get to spend more time with Theo. Theo took the window seat and I sat next to him. I preferred sitting by the window, but I wouldn't dare take it from Theo. I'd much rather he have it

.

I noticed the area which meant we were getting closer to Harthburt, one of the names of our town. It was fully night out and the inside of the bus quieted. It seemed many of the students fell asleep, including Theo. He looked so peaceful with his head laid against the glass of the window. Inside the bus felt cozy as it was very dark, with the exception of the occasional orange light of the street lamps glowing in through the windows. The street lamps made it feel much more cozy though. To no one's surprise I was next to fall asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the bus stopping and rising chatter. People were being dropped off at their houses. I realized it would be awful if I were dropped off at my house. My father would definitely get suspicious if I were dropped off this late. I didn't need that. We were nearing my neighborhood so I told Theo I was getting off at the next stop. He asked why, but all I said was that my house is near by. When the doors opened for the kid who was heading home I made sure to exit before it shut. The driver gave me a strange look, like I was crazy. I told him the same thing as I did Theo. I didn't need anyone else getting involved in my family affairs.

After saying bye to Theo I ran off towards my house with my nerves growing with every step. By the time I reached my house I was already a nervous wreck. My heart racing, my hands trembling, and a mountain in my throat.

Theo's POV (Earlier)

It was so much fun bowling with Keegan. I found it cute how he'd get excited even if he only hit one pin. He was bouncing around like a goof. I definitely felt butterflies watching him. His body fit perfectly into mine as I helped him aim one of his shots. This was such an unusual feeling, I didn't want to let him go but things probably would have gotten a little awkward. 

The end of our trip was nearing. I was going to miss not being able cuddle with Keegan every night. It really does feel amazing. His small body, his soft brown hair, his intoxicating smell. He always smelled like a basket of fruits, cherries especially. Having him pinned under me out in the rain was something I never imagined myself liking. I had to muster up all the force I had in me from getting excited down there. It would be extremely awkward sitting on his stomach sporting a boner. When we got back inside to dry off Keegan refused to do so in the bedroom. I guess I can understand him being so shy. He doesn't play for any of our school's sports teams so he never really changes in front of other people, or at least I assume so.