kyoya stiffened.

"w-what?" honey wasn't sure he heard him right, his eyes were watering.

mori looked taken aback. nobody had expected the extravagant blonde to make such an announcement.

"b-boss, that's taking things to far, don't you think?" asked the twins in unison.

their leader, the person that started the entire host club; the person that brought them all together, is leaving.

"tamaki, please don't do this ... you can't," you were worried for everyone. you were certain that nobody would taking this well, and honestly, you were hoping that it was all just some big joke. even though you hadn't spent as much time, participating the host club activities, that didn't mean that you didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

"yes i can," he said quietly.

"actually, no you can't." frowned kyoya.

everybody, turned to look at him, surprised.

"why not?" asked tamaki, just as confused as everyone else.

"this would have a huge impact on the host club." kyoya explained sadly. "36% of guests are here for you. i don't necessarily mean that you're physically incapable of leaving, but it would lead to unfortunate times for this club."

tamaki smiled sadly.

i'm sorry." he whispered, before slowly walking out of the door.

"boss, wait!" called hikaru.

honey broke down crying as mori and kyoya left the room.

"tamaki!" you called, running after him.

you finally caught up to him, panting.

he looked over is shoulder an saw you standing behind him.

" (y/n)?" he asked.

"don't leave the host club!" you said. "we need you."

"i'm really sorry (y/n), but i have to."he looked down. "i'm just a bother to everyone."

"tamaki!" you protested. "we can all clearly see that haruhi just needs some time to cool down. please don't make such a brash decision!"

the blonde merely shook his head and gave you a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"take care of my daughter for me, okay?" he asked, sadly.

no. you would never just let him leave like that. you took a hold of both of his arms, not letting him take another step. you started tearing up, and his eyes widened.

suddenly, you felt tamaki's arms wrap around you, warm tears started pooling on your shoulder.

you hugged him in return, as he cried, and patted his back as comfortingly as you could.

after a while, he pulled away and gave you a curt nod before continuing down the hallway.

you walked aimlessly in the gardens for a bit, before stumbling upon a tired looking kyoya.

"hey glasses," you greeted.

he looked up and gave you a small tilt of his head.

"are you okay?" you asked.

"yes," he said, his voice wavered a little. "i'm fine."

"no, you're not."

you walked closer to him, and patted his clenched fist.

he looked you in your (e/c) eyes.

"are you okay?" you asked firmly.

he shook his head.

"talk. please."

in all honesty, you hadn't expected him to utter a single word, but he did.

"tamaki suoh is my closest friend," he explained. "he was the one who persuaded me to join the host club in the first place. he always talked about how the happiness of others was more important than one's own- he spoke so much of it that even i started to believe it. so now, he's doing the same. in his own sick way, he's trying to make everybody happy by disappearing." he chuckled, but there was no humour in his face.

you didn't even know what to say, so you merely rested your hand on top of his shoulder. after a few seconds, he placed his fingers on top of yours. you stayed like that for a while before he finally pushed up his glasses and turned to make his way back to the school.

you walk around about more before stumbling upon a certain tall dark-haired student.

and he was kneeling on the ground with his head in his hands. he took it as his own responsibility to be the host club's protector; not only his cousin's. you knew that he felt responsible for the club's loss.

you walked towards him and gave him a hug, knowing that he needed one dearly.

he was surprised at first, before hugging you back.

when you two pulled apart, mori patted your head softly, a blush tinting his cheeks.

both of you walked back to the school together.

you entered the room and saw hikaru and kaoru huddled in a corner.

you walled towards the twins and opened your arms for yet another hug.

the twins hesitated for a second before hugging you back.

you walked to honey-senpai and crouched down so that you were eye to eye.

he looked at you with moist eyes.

you rummaged in your backpack for a but before pulling out usa-chan. you handed it back to him and he took it gratefully.

bending over, he cried softly into your (h/c) hair mumbling the same thing over an over again.

"he's actually gone."