Chaper 21

~Midorima~

Midorima sighed with his head in his hands. They were in the hospital again, though this time, Akashi's condition was worse than before. On the way to the hospital, the unconscious redhead was even puking blood, sending everyone into panic attacks. Apparently, the redhead hadn't bothered to inform anyone of the pain in his chest and allowed it to worsen. That damned Akashi... does he think he's superhuman or something? The doctor even emphasised that he should be sent to the hospital immediately if there was any chest pain. Curse his perfect acting skills... Breaking the soulmate bond tears both soulmates' hearts literally. However, unlike actual cuts, they heal quickly if given proper rest. On the contrary, they worsen quickly as well and may even turn into an actual cut, which had obviously happened in Akashi's case. God knows how many hours of sleep he had each day, or if he even slept at all. He was way too stressed out by the loss of Kuroko to care about his own health. He shouldn't have met Kuroko... he could've died on the spot. Even now, his condition is still unstable.

It was out on the news headlines again. There were even pictures taken by witnesses. Get well soon gifts from Akashi's fans flooded the hospital room though it had only been a little over twenty-four hours since Akashi was admitted and Midorima was getting a headache from the smell of the perfumed flowers. Wake up soon Seijuro-sama.

~Kuroko~

*What are your thoughts after hearing the the famous red emperor may be dying?*

*I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HE CAN'T DIE! HE'S ONLY TWENTY-SIX! PLEASE GET WELL SOON SEIJURO-SAN!*

The agitated voice of the interviewee came from the television. Hanamiya was at work again, leaving Kuroko at home with nothing to do. Bored, the blunette decided to watch the news.

*What are your thoughts after hearing the the famous red emperor may be dying?*

*My thoughts? I think its so... unfair. Why does Akashi-san have to get such a heartless soulmate?!* That caught Kuroko's attention. Soulmate? I thought Akashi was single? *So many people out there would DIE to be his soulmate and yet, that lucky btch REMOVED her soulmate mark... just... wow... She was so lucky to be chosen to be the red emperor's soulmate and she just threw that away! Because of her, Akashi-san is DYING. Akashi-san loves her so much and yet she doesn't give a shit! She doesn't deserve to live! If I find out who she is, I will never let her off!*

The words "unfair", "so lucky" and "don't deserve" rang in Kuroko's head. Its that feeling again... its like I've heard them before... where... (In Chapter 4, my dear Tetsuya and reader-sans, in case you forgot) And Akashi... why can't I tear my mind off him...? That look he gave me... why can't I forget it? It keeps popping up in my mind... and its making me feel weird... Kuroko shook his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts. There was this voice nagging at the back of his head urging him to visit Akashi. But why? Flipping open his phone, Kuroko noted that it was 5pm. I still have two hours before Hanamiya-san comes home... it only takes half an hour to get to the hospital... surely Hanamiya-san wouldn't find out right? I'm only going there to take a peek before coming back straight... Grabbing his wallet from the room, Kuroko headed out for the hospital.

~Time skip~

Kuroko never liked the hospital. It smelled like disinfectant and everything was too white. It was where people who were severely sick or injured came... it is where people die...

"Excuse me, which room is Akashi Seijuro in?" Kuroko asked nervously as he walked up to the counter. The nurse did not notice him. "Excuse me, miss"

The nurse still did not respond. Sighing in defeat, Kuroko tapped on the bell at the counter.

"WAHHH! I'm so sorry sir, I did see you there"