Chapter 1

~Kuroko~

"Excuse me sir, are you ready to order? Sir...? Sir?" Kuroko maintained a neutral expression as he asked patiently.

"Woaaah, didn't see you there. I would like one cup of latte for myself and a cup of mocha and a slice of blackforest cake for my beautiful girlfriend" The man gasped at the bluenette's "sudden" appearance before replying while the lady sitting opposite him blushed visibly. There were matching heart symbols on the crooks of their necks.

"Your order will arrive shortly" Kuroko replied as he hurried over to the kitchen the prepare the order. Kuroko sighed, the problem with having a lack of presence. He could've been working in an office with a high-paying job without having to have much interaction with people, but here he was, working as a waiter in a fancy little cafe. It had been a little over a year since he had quit his job and moved to Kyoto. "I heard that there were better jobs opportunities in Kyoto" was what he had told his family and friends back in Tokyo but that wasn't the real reason why he had left.

"Here's your latte, mocha and blackforest cake, please enjoy"

No, the real reason was much too dark for anyone to know. Life was simple, two years ago, just the way he wanted it to be. He had a high-paying job in a moderately well-known company.However, things took a turn for the worse when he caught the eye of his boss, Hanamiya Makoto. (Cuz why not, I can't come up with any random names :P)

"NO... PLEASE... STOP... WHY ARE Y-YOU DOING THIS TO ME"

"Why? Because I find you interesting"

"PLEASE... JUST STOP..."

"Breaking your emotionless mask... watching you scream in pain. Its just too cute. Too cute that I think I may just fall in love with you and claim you as my soulmate"

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO BE YOUR SOULMA-AAAAH IT HURTS PLEASE... STOP"

"Yes, keep screaming... my cute little Kuroko"

In this world that Kuroko lived in, soulmates do exist. There was no knowing when you would find your soulmate, where you would find them, or who they might be. They could be anyone, a close friend, a random stranger or even someone of the same gender as you. How would you know who your soulmate is, you may ask. Well, when a soulmate mark appears when you come into contact with a person, that person is your soulmate. Thus, how you would find your soulmate is completely unknown. It could be a simple handshake, a loving hug, anything. Soulmate marks never appear on the wrong person. Even if the soulmates are complete strangers, they will fall in love with each other eventually. The marks could appear on any part of the body, but usually appear on the back or chest like a tattoo. Soulmate marks are unique and no two couples have the same marks. Soulmates do not have to marry. Afterall, the mark already proves that the two of them are together. However, there are some people who never find their soulmates. They can then either find a person whom they love but aren't soulmates to marry, making them "soulmates" in a way, or stay lonely forever. This has unfortunately led to quite a few forced marriages. Like in the case of Kuroko.

"Kuroko-kun, the boss wants to see you in his office"

It all happened so abruptly. It was just like any other day.

"Okay"

No one could have expected something like this to happen to someone as pure, innocent and invisible as Kuroko

"Good morning boss"

"Ah, Kuroko Tetsuya. You're just as they said... deadpan and invisible"

"I just have a very low presence, boss"

"Hmmm... interesting..." Hanamiya said as he walked up to Kuroko, before pacing around the teal-haired slowly like a predator circling a prey.

"What did you call me here for, boss? B-boss?" Kuroko began to panic a little when Hanamiya stopped right in front of him, using his index finger to tilt Kuroko's chin up.

"Such smooth pale skin and beautiful eyes... you spark my interest, Kuroko. Even at a time like this, you are still as emotionless as ever. I wonder..."

"Wh-a" Kuroko gasped in shock as Hanamiya planted his lips onto Kuroko's.

"Got your first kiss? Haha, how interesting... its nice to see a change in expression. Let's go for something harder"

"Aaaah!" Kuroko cried as a hard punch landed on his stomach, causing him to fall backwards onto the floor. Kuroko was confused. What was happening? And why? First his boss called him into his office, stole his first kiss, then punched him?

"You're so interesting, Kuroko. Let's do it again tomorrow"

"Umm... Kuroko? Are you alright? You look a little pale" A voice brought Kuroko back to the present.

"I-I'm fine. J-just a little tired" Kuroko lied.

"You should knock off early today, I'll take over for you"

"Thank you, see you tomorrow"

From that day on, Kuroko would be called to Hanaimya's office everyday to be tortured or sometimes even raped. On some days, Hanamiya would be satisfied with just using his fists, while on others, he would bring along a penknife and laugh maniacally as he made light cuts on Kuroko's arms, legs and chest. It was pure torture. He dreaded going to work everyday, knowing what was in store for him. Everyday was a nightmare and even at night, he was unable to rest, images of that day's torture flashing through his mind, keeping him up all night. Kuroko couldn't take it any more. He couldn't live his life in fear. That was how he ended up in Kyoto. Even now, flashbacks of the past would haunt him once in a while. He had also ever since been afraid of physical contact with stangers. Even being too close to a stranger would cause him to break out in cold sweat.