Chapter 18

Notes:

Yay, early post again~

-----------------------------

~Hanamiya~

"Hanamiya-san, can I go and visit my parents tomorrow?" Kuroko asked, sitting on the edge of the bed while Hanamiya squatted in front of him, changing his bandages.

"What about the bandages?"

"I can wear jeans to hide those on my legs and there are only cuts on my upper arm. They can be easily hidden with my sleeves"

Hanamiya pretended to be deep in thought as he bandaged the smaller boy's right calf. Hmm... if I tag along, and Kuroko's parents happen to see the injuries, they'll ask about it and I can tell them that I saved him... That'll win support from his parents! Yes, that's perfect.

"But you're still weak" Hanamiya faked a worried expression, getting up and gently patting Kuroko's head, causing him to jerk away slightly in surprise.

"I'm fine, I slept almost the whole of today"

"Alright, alright, but let me follow you"

"Okay" Kuroko agreed monotonously, although the sparkle in his eyes gave away his excitement.

"Good night Kuroko"

"Mmm... good night Hanamiya-san" The teal-haired hummed, crawling over to the pillows, pulling the soft blankets over himself. Yes, he has a gained some trust in me now. Score one. Hanamiya fist-pumped the air as he left the room to sleep on the couch. Just bear with it a little while more and it'll all be worth it...

~Time skip~

"You ready to go, Kuroko?" Hanamiya asked as the blunette buckled his seat belt.

"Yes"

The half an hour ride to the Kuroko household was mostly silent, with Kuroko looking out the window at his old neighbourhood. Climbing out if the car, Hanamiya opened the door for Kuroko, who brisk walked to the front door. He looked slightly nervous as he raised a hand to knock gently against the wooden door.

"Who is it?" A soft muffled voice of an elderly women sounded from within the house, followed by some barking noises.

"Okaa-san?" Kuroko asked hesitantly. Hanamiya rolled his eyes as he stood a metre behind the teal-haired, arms crossed over his chest. Ugh, can't we just cut short all the drama and just get to the point already?

The door creaked open to reveal an elderly couple. Their wrinkled faces lit up with joy as they saw their son, eyes widening in disbelief.

"Tetsuya? Is that really you?"

"I thought you were in Kyoto, what brings you here?"

"I came to visit you. I moved back to Tokyo" Kuroko smiled, hugging his parents.

"Ah, who's this young man?" The old man asked, looking up at Hanamiya.

"Oh, um... he's a-"

"I'm Kuroko's friend. Your son is currently living with me, nice to meet you Kuroko-san" Hanamiya interrupted, giving the elderly couple his warmest fake smile.

"Tetsuya, is he your soul...?"

"Ah? No, no, he's just a close friend" Kuroko looked flustered as he shook his head vigorously.

"Haha, let's not invade Tetsuya's privacy. Come in, come in" Kuroko's mother opened the door wider to invite the two of them in. More barking could be heard coming from one of the rooms.