Chapter seven | Complicated | edited

Start from the beginning

"Wouldn't she be awake already from all this noise?"

"Wait," Raiden said and grabbed the bottle from his side. He popped the lid and tipped it upside down over Uta's face.

Water sprayed flat onto her face and dripped onto the ground below.

She groaned, wiping her hand across her face with disgust. Water must have went up her nose because she suddenly went into a coughing fit.

"Why?" She grumbled furrowing her brow. Slowly her watery eyes opened and she stared at the blurred faces in front of her.

"Raiden?" She asked lifting herself up in a slouch. "Ouch!" She gasped looking to her arm that was covered in the filth of blood.

"Uta don't move too much!" Miyuki gushed in a panic.

"Uta." Hitomi suddenly said appearing behind them all. Two bodies fell to the ground beside her before she walked towards them all.

She crouched in front of the injured girl and placed a palm to her wound. A green light covered the surface and remarkably the wound started to close under the cloth.

You're a healer Sensei?" Raiden asked in amazement.

"Yes I am." Uta's wound seemed to be non-existent by the time Hitomi had finished by removing the soiled bandage and pulled the girl to her feet. "Good job all of you, you managed not to kill any of them it seems."

"Can we leave now Sensei?" Miyuki anxiously said standing next to Uta. Hitomi nodded and walked over to the men who laid unconscious on the ground.

"Seal!" She exclaimed placing a piece of paper on each of their foreheads. "Lets go, we'll meet up with everyone else, grab a body or two."

~~~

"The fight was hard on some of my team but nonetheless we were successful in capturing all of the hostiles without killing them," Hitomi stood with a stern expressing in front of Mei as she reported the eventful mission.

"Who was injured?" She asked, eyeing the man next to her who stood silently, gazing through the large window behind her.

The mans black hair framed his sharp face that complimented his hypnotising crimson eyes mysteriously. There was no doubt Mei found his appearance attractive.

Such a shame this is a formal occasion. She pouted in her mind sorrowfully.

"Uta was injured and is now recuperating at home due to the exhaustion of the whole mission," the voice of Miyuki brought Mei back to her senses as she stood with a worry in her eyes.

Mei frowned, clearly all of the team must be somewhat exhausted after such a long and trying mission.

"I hope she recovers well, when she has I will give your team a new mission. Until then I'll have Yoru here to take these captured enemies to interrogation and find out who they work for."

The black haired man, Yoru, nodded in acceptance.

"As you wish, cousin," Hitomi finished.

"Dismissed."

~~~

Uta sighed as she rested on her side, staring out of her open window as the cool breeze swayed her curtains gently.

It was a calm day, the sky only had a few spots of clouds and the sun managed to shine down onto the village with comforting warmth.

"Why are you so glum child?"

Uta rolled onto her back and sat up onto her elbows, staring with an irritated expression at the white fox. Hana sat elegantly to the side of Uta's legs, her tail swiftly tickling the air.

"I'm confused as to why those men wanted me dead."

"Yes, that is an answer I would also like to know."

It had been two days since the attackers had been captured, and Uta was feeling just about normal again, except she was on edge a lot more.

The fact that those men had attacked for her specifically chilled her to the core, and for a reason she did not know, terrified her. Someone wanted her dead, and it was obviously being driven by a mad passion.

Knock knock.

Uta flinched as the door was banged against loudly.

"Come in!" She yelled, pulling her legs tiredly over the side of the bed towards the door.

It opened moments later to reveal Raiden, his eyes lined with dark circles from a lack of sleep and his hair uncommonly messier than usual.

Uta also noticed his shirt was slightly adjusted wrong as well, like he had just been dragged from his bed.

"We've all been summoned to see the Mizukage, it's about those guys that we captured," his voice was lower than usual, lacking the positive substance he would normally have in conversation.

He must be really worn out.

"Finally," Uta sighed and quickly ran her finger through her hair, tucking it behind her ears. "Lets go then."

Raiden nodded his head and let out a yawn dramatically, stretching his arms out as he did.

"You look terrible," Uta taunted, brushing passed him as Hana leapt from the bed following her.

Raiden groaned from behind her before shutting her bedroom door.

"Stupid Miyuki keeps making me spar with her making me miss out on my naps." Uta smiled lightly at such an answer.

"You need naps that bad?" She almost laughed but held it in.

"Of course I do! They're essential to my survival," Raiden protested as they wandered through the house.

"We can't have that now can we?" Her voice was light and teasing making Raiden groan again in sorrow. "Where is Miyuki anyways?"

"She's already with the Mizukage and others, apparently she's really smart." Uta snorted.

"That's not surprising really." She did have the guts to dive into situations head first, maybe because she was so confident in her own abilities. She was actively using her genius mind with her outgoing nature.

"Not all geniuses are quiet it would seem," Uta could here the smirk in his voice as he matched her earlier playful tone.

"Shut up," she sighed shaking her head just as they exited the house.

"Sorry, but you'll have to make me," he laughed, watching her as she walked faster ahead of him.

~~~~~

Hope you liked!

Please don't forget to vote and comment :)