Chapter seven | Complicated | edited

^ Raidengetsu ^

Chapter seven: Complicated

The Kirigakure ninja were all on edge as they investigated the ruined village.

Shouts of pain and clashes of weapons had filled the air moments before, but now they were left with silence.

The village of Waterlillies. It was nothing but ashes, the remnants giving off eerie chills.

"We must find team Hitomi," one man stated, yelling out to the surrounding people.

"Move out."

~~~

"Hey Miyuki, should we just carry this guy with us?" Raiden questionably pointed at the passed out enemy on the ground.

"I'll carry him," Miyuki's eyes glowed as she glared at the corpse before throwing him across her shoulders.

"Let's go find Uta and Hitomi," she ordered and walked away.

"Wait for me!" Raiden yelled scurrying behind her. He looked around at the destruction, he felt sadness that they weren't able to save all of the villagers in time.

"What made you wanna become a swordsman?" He asked Miyuki as they walked in gloomy silence.

"I've always liked the look and feel of swords. I guess it's practically in my blood, so I thought why not be the first recognised woman swordsman?"

"It'd be pretty amazing if you were."

Miyuki chuckled loudly with a smirk as she brought her palms together to rub them in front of her flushed face.

"I can't wait to see the shocked looks on my enemies faces when a woman launches her blade towards their throats majestically."

"Hey look over there!" Raiden abruptly interrupted, pointing towards a part of the forest that was slightly tinged by black ash

Some of the trees and the ground was smashed to pieces, obvious signs of a battle. Several tiny icicles also buried themselves into the ground, some melted whilst others still remained.

As they got closer they noticed three figures on the ground motionless. One was a girl, while the others injured men laying on their fronts.

"Uta!" Miyuki yelled as she ran over to the unconscious girl. She didn't respond, the puddle of blood next to her made Miyuki gasp. "Raiden help!" She ordered to him as he also ran to them, eyes wide with shock.

"Uta! Uta wake up!" He yelled in worry lightly shaking her shoulders. "She's been injured!" He said staring at the bled through bandage on her arm.

"She hasn't bled to death right? She's not dead is she?" Miyuki screeched loudly grabbing Raiden's shoulders.

"I'll check," he hesitantly answered letting out a deep breath. He placed a finger over her upper wrist, calmly holding his breath as he searched for it, searched for the small thumping of her life force.

Thump.

"She's, alive!" He yelled with a massive grin and gazed at Miyuki. Miyuki growled, wacking him across the head.

"Idiot!" She scolded. "You made me think she was actually dead then!"

"How is it my fault," he muttered quietly, diverting his eyes. "Either way, we need to wake her up."