Chapter five | Depths | edited

Miyuki

Chapter five: Depths

Miyuki let out a tired huff as she slowly slid down the concrete wall. Her butt landed with a thud onto the dirt and she lazily flung her arms over her knees.

She was bored.

"Don't get comfortable," Raiden mumbled as he strained his eyelids to stay open. He stood with his back against the wall next to her, crossing his arms over his chest.

Miyuki let out a string of incoherent mumbles in reply. She just wanted to get this mission over with already.

All three of them were situated at Kirigakure's gates, waiting for Hitomi to return from the Mizukage's office. They arrived around 20 minutes ago and the sky had already started to lighten.

We will probably be sent back... Uta thought to herself as she flew her gaze across the clouded space above.

She wasn't sitting with the others, but leaned herself against the stony wall above the gate. She could see for miles, a shimmering figment of water spanned the horizon.

The morning was cold, only the breeze by itself managed to bring goosebumps to Uta's skin.

I wonder if they're waiting for us? She amusingly thought, starting to hypothesize the abilities of the enemy.

Maybe fire users? Although they could have used torches to light the flames. But the villagers would have had some water jutsu, after all it is the water country.

Too much speculation. She slouched in annoyance, leaning her head back to rest against the wall. What's their purpose with us? How irritating.

Should she be feeling scared? Or excited? After all this time she's finally able to get some real action, and she's found people like her. Uta couldn't wait to discover what the others had in store; their techniques.

What she could already tell, Raiden was quite unpredictable and strong. Whilst Miyuki had intelligence and intimidation as her strengths.

"Oi, Miyuki." The recognizable voice of their Sensei cut them from their states.

Miyuki weakly turned her head to Hitomi whilst Uta just acknowledged her through the corner of her gaze. She was tired of the hold up, and she guessed the others were as well.

Hitomi stood, one arm reaching over her shoulder, latched onto a large weapon. Miyuki raised an eyebrow as Hitomi began to lift the handle upwards.

Thunk!

Miyuki squeaked in surprise as the air above her head disappeared. "Oh my," she breathed, lifting her face to stare at the blade above her, dug into the wall.

I didn't even see her throw it. Raiden thought with his eyes slightly wider, amazed by her speed.

Charming. Uta cringed when she inspected how close the weapon was from grazing the top of Miyuki's head.

"Sensei, why are you trying to kill Miyuki?" Raiden asked squinting his eyes. His tone was bored; far from awake.

Uta appeared next to Raiden, giving him a sideways glance as he jumped in fright at her sudden appearance.

"Don't do that," he pouted.

Hitomi sighed, ruffling her white strands. She lifted her head to the sky, closing her eyes for a moments silence before she returned her attention to her students.