Chapter six | Chikara | edited

Chikara= Force, power.

Chapter six: Chikara

It was a stand off between team Hitomi and the approaching enemy.

A strong wind blew it's way around the figures, disfiguring hair as they stared each other down.

5 targets, all male.

Uta inspected them as she ran her eyes over the gang. She was quite shocked earlier when her eyes found the group, she hadn't even noticed their presence through the smoke and flames.

"Did he just specifically say Uta's name?" Raiden questioned in a hushed tone to his teammates. He was as confused.

"Why would they be referring to Uta?" Miyuki answered him, slightly aggravated. "They don't even know her!"

"My thoughts exactly," Uta mumbled, keeping her voice mellow to not attract the enemies attention.

The man with the blade that was now slung over his shoulder still stood with a crazed smile.

"Who are you?" Miyuki yelled, twisting her face into a snarl of disgust. This question caused the mans face to change, almost into a expression of joy; as if he enjoyed sharing his information.

"We are Chikara." He told them, pulling his lips into a small smile and closing his eyes.

Chikara?

The word was repeated over in all of their heads.

This is new, Hitomi thought to herself. She stood behind her team, frowning.

"Don't do anything rash," she spoke to them quietly and stepped forward.
So they're responsible for this. She eyed Chikara, before speaking.

"What is your purpose with Uta?"

"She needs to die."

"Well we ain't letting her!" Miyuki yelled placing her hand onto the sword handle over her back.

"We can handle this, right?" Raiden nervously laughed, slashing his katana through the air.

"It's that or we die," Uta replied, taking a defensive stance.

"So we have no choice but to fight? Sensei?" Raiden asked, doubt was slowly setting into his head.

"Listen." Hitomi stated, a softer tone than normal was present. "It's okay if you feel afraid or intimidated by this situation. It's your first mission after all." She smiled lightly still keeping her eyes to the enemy.

"But we are a team. We are going to work through this together. And that's why I'm telling you right now what we are going to do."

"Please get to it some time soon," Raiden muttered, his face blank.

"Tell me right now your fighting strengths, quietly," Hitomi continued.

"Taijutsu and I'm pretty good at hitting targets with sebon needles." Uta answered.

"I can liquefy myself and increase my strength. I have a sword I'm pretty skilled with," Raiden clenched his fist slightly as he watched one of the enemy lift up their sword.

"Insane chakra levels, average with a sword and pretty wide variety of water jutsu, Miyuki nervously spoke and bit her lip.

"Great," Hitomi mumbled in thought.

Uta is liable anywhere, Raiden close range, Miyuki will use the most chakra. If we are going to make it through this, I need to coordinate them.