So Long To Yesterday (Chapter 18)

Start from the beginning

After a few more deep breaths and another cigarette, in the presence of Tiana, Katia was ready to return to the reunion.

Tiana left Katia with Mikey, who offered to dance with her a couple times while his wife was off hatching her plan into action. He continued to swirl her around the room or keep her just out of sight of Tiana, who was chatting with some of the people who helped put the reunion together.

All the songs that were being played were chart toppers when she graduated, and she was certain she danced to these exact songs at her prom. Katia couldn't help but to laugh at some of the songs that she once found awesome were completely ridiculous now.

Poor Mike was parched after the third song and pulled Katia with him over to the bar and got them each a beer, which she gladly accepted. Typically Katia couldn't stand the taste of beer, but at the moment her mouth was so dry she could of cared less that she was drinking a beer.

“Alright everyone! Thank you for coming here tonight. Can you believe it's been ten years?” The man, who was once their class president was addressing the gym. “We would like for everyone to return to their tables for a few seconds during the next song. There are cards on each table for you to list your favorite couple you remember from our senior year. That couple will have a remembrance. And don't forget everyone, there is an open bar, but please tip the bartender!” With that the man turned off the microphone and walked off the stage and the music was brought back up.

“Want to dance some more or want to go fill out that card?” Katia questioned Mike as he drank from his bottle hungrily.

“Table! My feet are killing me.” Mike looked down at his loafers. “How anyone wears these things everyday is beyond me. Give me my steel toe boots any day.” He motioned for the bartender to give him another beer before walking back over to the table with Katia at his side. Luckily as they sat back down Blake and his “wife” were no where to be seen. But their cards had be written on and left folded up on the table.

“Look at it, Kat. You know your dying to.”

Katia peered over at Mike from the corner of her eye with a devilish glint in her eye. Her eyes scanned the room and spotted Blake and Hailey dancing both facing away from the table. And in a flash her hand swiped the folded bits from the table and into her lap. She quickly unfolded them and noticed Hailey girly hand writing, some things just don't change.

“Blake Trinton and Hailey Parrish Trinton.”

“Blake Trinton and Hailey Trinton Katia Reynolds” Katia looked over the second one over and over as she noticed that Hailey Trinton's name had practically been gouged out with her name scribbled in next to it. Katia's breath caught as he trailed her finger over his messy hand writing.

“Give it to me.” Mike said quickly as he pulled them from Katia's grasp and picked up the others from Megan and Devon. “Their coming.” Katia glanced up quickly as she picked up a pen and wrote her name and Blake's on the card then folding it once. Then passed it to Mike, who grinned at her.

“Whoa, I haven't danced like that since our wedding.” Hailey sighed heavily as she flopped down beside Katia. “Right baby?”