3.1

Ashton sighed as he handed a stack of clothing and Louis's house keys to the pregnant man, who sat on the hospital bed, waiting impatiently.

"Harry-"

"Wasn't home," Ashton said, giving Louis a sympathetic smile. "His phone is going straight to voicemail. I don't know where he is."

Louis sighed, rubbing his face before taking the clothes to the washroom connected to the hospital room.

Ashton waited, swinging his car keys with his fingers, prepared to give Louis a ride home since Louis's car was totaled.

Louis came out of the washroom, sniffling, and Ashton pulled him in for a hug, kissing his feathery hair.

"He's just taking a breather, Lou, it was big news to him," Ashton said softly.

"I didn't even know him. How could he be mad?" Louis asked as he cried, clinging on to his friend.

"I know that it seems unreasonable but if you suddenly found out Harry's best friend was once pregnant with Harry's baby and Harry never spoke of it, how would you feel?"

Louis shrugged, using his hand to push back his feathery hair, pulling away from Ashton.

"It's all a matter of time. Harry is understanding," Ashton assured Louis, grabbing his hand and leading him out so they could go down into the lobby and Louis could officially sign out.

Once in Ashton's car, Louis leaned his head against the window and Ashton drove to a small Mexican restaurant, helping Louis inside.

Louis didn't want to, but he ate because his baby was important to him, he couldn't lose her, and he would stuff himself if it kept her healthy.

After that quick lunch, Ashton took Louis home. Harry's Range Rover was in the driveway.

"He must be home," Ashton said as he parked. "Would you like me to help you out?"

"No, thank you. I'll call you later," Louis said as he got out of the car and went inside. Once in the foyer, Louis let out a deep breath.

He walked slowly into the bedroom, where Harry was on the bed, asleep. Louis set his keys and phone on the bedside table and went to take a shower. He washed his hair first, singing to himself quietly.

There was a tap on the door and it creaked open. Louis didn't even bother wiping off the fog on the glass door. He knew who it was.

"You're home," Harry spoke, his voice gravely.

"I am," Louis replied as he poured soap onto his washcloth, beginning at his swollen belly as always.

"May I join you? We need to have a chat."

"I suppose," Louis answered quietly, washing along his arms now. Seconds later, Harry slid the door open, fully undressed, and stepped into the warm water. He closed the door behind him and immediately pulled his soapy boyfriend into his grip, holding him tight.

Louis let out a shaky breath, digging his nose into Harry's neck.

"Where were you a little bit ago? Ash... I was informed you weren't here," Louis asked.

"Ashton came here?"

"He came to get me clothes. They let me out of the hospital early and you weren't answering your phone," Louis explained.

"That's where I went, actually, to get myself a new phone. I shattered mine," Harry explained, pulling away so that he could take Louis's cloth and kneel down to wash Louis's legs and feet.

"Oh," Louis breathed. "Ashton... He told me what you found out."

Harry sighed heavily. "Turn around." Louis did so and let Harry wash his back. "I should've stayed there and talked it out once you awoke again. I was very upset but it's not my place to be upset. You didn't even know I existed when you and Ashton... When it happened. And I'm sorry you had to go through it."

Louis shook his head as Harry stood back to his feet, pulling Louis close to him and dropping the washcloth to the tile floor.

"I should've told you."

"That is correct," Harry agreed. "You should have."

"I'm sorry, Harry."

Harry closed his eyes, kissing Louis's wet hair. "I know that you are. I love you and my baby girl."

Louis broke onto a relieved smile, kissing Harry's neck lightly. "We love you, Harry."

~~~

Twenty-five weeks pregnant

Louis clambered into Harry's lap around four in the afternoon, back aching and a yawn freshly parting from his lips.

"You were asleep when I got here so I didn't wake you," Harry said softly, brushing his fingers through Louis's hair. "I brought you some Alfredo if you'd like it."

"Shrimp?" Louis asked, blue eyes wide.

"Yes, shrimp Alfredo," Harry said with a chuckle.

"What are you working on? A song?"

"Yes... I graduate in merely seven months. One of my professors is going to help me out. I think I want to run a music hall."

Louis smiled before puckering his lips, requesting a kiss, which Harry gave him, kissing him softly.

"There was a girl on the television named Caroline. I like that," Louis said with a grin.

"Another to add on the list. I like that as well," Harry agreed.

The two shared another kiss before Harry began to write.

~~~

Next chapter will be a long time skip. And smutty. And interesting. And long.

This chapter was rather boring but I want to tell you guys that I've been rather busy and I've posted two new stories

They're both twin stories, one with the Styles twins and one with the Tomlinson twins so go check them out if you're interested (:

Xx