His face was determined. His fist were clenched tightly. Without thinking you put your hands over his fists.

"I'm sure you'll succeed," you smiled squeezing his hand.

He blinked at you and muttered something under his breath. You sat there like this for a moment.

"Thank you," you said quietly.

"Eh? For what?"

"For drawing me out of the cave," you looked into his amethyst eyes, now wide. "I know I don't know much about the outside world. Few things went wrong and now I attract trouble all the time. But I'm really happy about every moment spent travelling."

For a moment you heard only the steady flow of the river and chirping birds on the trees. Wind swirled between you two and made your hair flutter. You heard your own heart beating fast.

"______, about that incident in Nagaram City...," he started and scratched his cheek. You tensed. "I'm sorry about lashing out at you."

"Huh? No, it was my fault."

"As you said, you don't know much about this world, so you didn't know what might happen."

"But-"

"You were under my protection and I failed."

You frowned at him. You knew that he wouldn't budge from his position, he was just this stubborn. You made a decision.

"I will forgive you for snapping at me," you started. "If you forgive me for being careless."

He stared into your eyes as you stared back. You saw that those reddish reflects in his eyes flickered.

"Alright," he said and nodded his head. You smiled at him with relief that it worked.

You laid on the grass enjoying the sun. Then you thought of another question.

"Hey, what's with Yugi and the chief's daughter? That Rebecca girl?" it was funny to watch those two. She always made confessions while Yugi tried to be polite.

"That's a funny story," he smirked. "At first she didn't like us. She was against us staying in the village, because she thought we would steal. You know that we helped the villagers with thieves, right? While they were attacking, Yugi saved Rebecca from one of them. Since then she believes that he is her knight in shining armor that one day will marry her."

You started laughing. The girl couldn't be older than twelve.

"That's sweet," you said.

***

"I don't believe you."

"How come? You travel with dragons, you've met forest trolls, yet you can't believe I'm friends with Gwyllgi?"