Promises

3 Days Later

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" Julian screamed while hopping around on my bed. I groaned, telling him to shut up.

"Aw come on baby, don't be like that", he said while kissing me all around my face. I giggled, trying to push him off.

"Why are you so fucking energetic", I complained. He kissed me and moaned into it. "Your morning voice is so sexy", he growled. "Also, I'm taking you out today so you better get ready."

"Jules you don't have to-"
"Yes I do. I have to make it up to you", he interrupted. Julian has been very consistent with how much he drinks. We never talked about him doing those drugs but I knew he got the hint.

"Where are you gonna take me?"
"A nice place upstate. We're gonna stay there for a couple of days and that's why you need to get your lazy ass up." My eyes grew when he said the words upstate. I was kind of excited, I wanted a little break from the city.

"But I need to pack", I said, sitting up nervously.
"I got everything under control. All you have to do is get up and look pretty", he smirked, giving me a kiss.
"Your smoothness makes me swoon, Casablancas", I joked.
"I know it does." He winked. He started to kiss me again as I brought my hand to his hair. It felt damp. "Jules, you already showered?"

"Yeah, you were out cold so I thought I'd let you sleep a little while I got ready." He went back to kissing me but I pushed him off.
"I need to get ready, remember?"
He sighed, "God, you're such a tease."

I smirked and walked off to the bathroom.

・・・

We sat in the unbearable New York traffic and talked. After two hours of bumper to bumper traffic, it started to move and we were making progress.

I searched in my hand bag for the mixtape Albert made me while I was crying over Julian. I was ready to listen to the other side of it now. The static filled up the car until the intro to Pale Blue Eyes began to play.

Julian and I both simultaneously sang the lyrics. The next was one we both didn't recognise but it was very beautiful. I looked at Julian. He was smiling as he drove. When he looked at me, I quickly looked away. I heard him chuckle as the next song came on. I sat up in my seat when the intro played.

"Fuck, I love this song", I whispered. It was Where Is My Mind? by Pixies. This song brought me back to younger Maya, troubled Maya who would listen to this song when she was crying.

I closed my eyes to mask my tears. Albert really knew how to make me cry. I giggled at the thought.

"What's funny", Julian asked.
"Albert knows how to emotionally wreck me."
He was clearly confused so I explained.
"Albert made me this mixtape when we...weren't together. This is my first time listening to the B-side."

"I hated that time", he said to lighten up the mood.
"Me too", I agreed. Two more songs played before the cassette was over. I'll have to thank Albert when we get back.

I fell asleep until we stopped at this vacation home away from everything. It was a Spanish styled looking house with vines around the front of it. "We're here, Mi." Julian said, putting his hand on my knee.

I rubbed my eyes and was adjusted to the afternoon sun. "Wow, how did you find this place?"
"This was my vacation home as a kid. My mom took me up here", he reminisced.

I got out of the car and stretched. Julian threw me the keys. "Go inside, I'll get our bags." I didn't resist because I was tired so I went inside, looking at the beautiful interior of the house.