Screw Up

[there's flashbacks in this chapter which will be in italics, I hope its distinguishable]

Nick's POV

I just got back from Maya's feeling guilty as fuck. I really didn't know what was going through my head. Kissing Maya may have been one of the stupidest things I've done. Julian likes Maya, he's in love with Maya and I had to be a dickhead and ruin it. And she clearly loves Julian. Nick, you really fucked up big time.

I have to call Fab and tell him to get another person's solution to this problem. I picked up my phone, dialing his number.

*Riiing* *Riiing* *Rii-*

"Hey fucker!" Fab screamed.
"Dude shut up, this is important." He knew something was up by the tone of my voice.
"What is it? Is it Maya?"

Fab and I had become very cautious of Maya in the last 3 hours. While I was running a bath for her, I stumbled upon a bottle of antidepressants trying to find bath salt. Completely and utterly shocked, I had to tell Fab as soon as possible. When we went out for a cigarette break in the middle of our little party, I told him.

"Dude...Maya's depressed", I whispered, as if someone would hear us. Fab looked at me, confused. "Well yeah, Julian totally shit all over her feelings."
"No I mean before that. I found antidepressant in her bathroom. I accidentally knocked over all her crap and when I was cleaning up, I found it."
"Wait, how new was the bottle?" Fab was just as concerned as me now.
"It was a little less than half a bottle. Man, I'm worried about her. And all this shit with Jules isn't helping her. She seemed so happy when we first met." Fab was silent, looking down the second floor building and blowing smoke.

"Um...in a sense, yeah." I replied.
"What happend?" I shut my eyes tightly, stalling to tell Fab.
"I kissed Maya!" I blurted out. The other end of the line was so silent, I thought he hung up.

"Nick...What. The. Hell."
"I've been asking myself that too", I sighed.
"Explain, if you will", he said.
"I saw her in her bra and underwear. She looked hot and I formed this little crush on her."
"You can't just decide you like someone because you saw their boobs. Especially if it's your best friend's lover's boobs. And why were you looking at her in her panties dude?" I could almost hear him pacing back and forth.

"Because I made her take a bath so she would feel better, to relax her. Afterwards, I picked out undergarment for her, like as a joke. And then I saw her and just...I don't know."
"Nick, you got a little aroused. That's what happend. You don't really like her though. Right?"

I thought about it. Did I really like her? Maybe Fab's right, I was just being a typical guy getting turned on by a chick with no clothes on. "Right, I don't like her. What was I thinking? She's gonna hate me."

"And Julian's gonna kill you", Fab added in. Shit, Julian.