Fuck Cellphones

It was trying to keep my eyes shut last night, but I was abruptly awaken by the thought that Julian was somewhere else every time I almost slipped into a deep slumber. I knew him all too well to not think he got shit faced and passed out at bar. And I tried my best not to push the thought of Julian with another girl into my mind. No, don't even think of it. But he might have just sulked at home, which I really wanted to believe. It was generally hard for me to believe in anything right now.

Just call him, duh.

I used all the will power I had to get out of bed and ring up his house phone. I pushed the buttons and listening to the eerie ring, hoping to hear Julian's voice on the other end.

"Hello", Albert's groggy voice groaned. Dammit. "Hey Al, it's Maya", I said way too quickly. "Is Julian there?"

"Hold up, let me check." I could make out the noises to be Albert walking to Julian's door, opening it, and closing it. "Nope, I guess he didn't come home last night. I thought he was with you?"

After hearing those words, I almost felt like falling to me feet and never getting up. "We had a fight." I said monotonously. The line was silent for a second.

"Aw Mi, I'm sorry. Come over in 10 minutes, we'll go look for him if you want."
"Yeah...okay sure", I said hesitantly. I hung up and changed quickly before driving to the apartment.

I knocked twice, standing awkwardly until the door opened. "Come in", Albert said.
"Where's Fiona?"
"She's at work." He worked on getting his Chuck Taylors on. Once he was ready, we left.

"I was thinking we check that bar near my place first", I said.
"Yeah. If only he had a damn cellphone." He mumbled under his breath.
"Dude, you don't even have a cellphone. No one does", I replied smartly. He huffed, agreeing with me. "Fuck cellphones...", he said to himself.

• • •

We reached the bar called Pub. Wait, wasn't this the bar Julian and I first met? Weren't we technically shunned from this bar?

We walked up to the entrance, to discover that it was closed. I realised then that it was only nine o'clock and the bar didn't open for another two hours. "Crap", I whispered, pulling on the doors.

"Let's try another bar", Albert suggest. I nodded my head and turned around to walk back to the car. Before we even began to walk, a car pulled into the parking lot. A man came out, look at us quizzically.

"What are you doing at my bar?" He said. Albert looked at me, then at the man. He gulped, "Was there guy here last night? Tall, shaggy hair, kinda dresses like a bum?" The man thought back to last night.

"Ah yes! He passed out in my bar, but a nice young lady took him home. They left together, then he came back in my bar and drank till he passed out. Must have not worked out", he chuckled, "Then the lady came back, she forgot her purse and found him. She was kind enough to take him home."

He didn't cheat, he didn't cheat, he didn't cheat. He wasn't with another girl. She was just being nice.

I couldn't help but feel jealous. I balled my fist up, grabbing on to Albert's wrist. "Thank you sir, that's all we needed", I called over my shoulder as I dragged Albert back to the car. He could sense the anger that had built up inside of me, probably from how hard I shut my door and how my knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel tightly.

I wanted to cry. My head was still pounding from all that sobbing from the night before. I hope I had it in me for another round of a sleepless night filled with tears.

"I'll just drop you off at your apartment", I said lowly. Albert nodded his head and we didn't say anything to each other for the rest of the car ride. We arrived back quickly. He got off, croaking out a 'see ya.' I watched his figure become smaller as I drove away from him.

I instantly made my way to Fabrizio's house. If I was going to see anyone whilst in the state I'm in right now, it was going to be him.

AN: So this story has 2k reads now? Honestly what did I do to deserve this. Thank you all for getting me up there!!! I got some ideas coming a long so until next time cool cats...