Beer and Brownies

Things were going fantastically with Julian. I would go over his house when ever and he would do the same. I even became more comfortable with all his friends.

Nick became like a protective older brother(although he was younger), Fabrizio turned into someone I could tell anything, Albert and I bonded better than ever, and Nikolai and I are inside joke buddies who usually playfully talk shit about the other guys.
It was insane how quickly we became friends, but I can't remember being this happy. They filled that hole in my heart.

Today it was Julian's turn to come over my house. He was always alone when he came over, to have some peace and quiet from the guys.

We haven't done it before, we aren't even officially boyfriend and girlfriend. And yes, I may be a little upset about him not formally asking me yet, but he might have something up his sleeve. Something romantic.

To kill time, I decided to make brownies for the both of us. I prepared the brownie batter and put it into the oven, waiting.

・・・

Just as the brownies finished, I heard a knock at the door. I quickly took them out from the oven and ran over to the door. Julian stood before me, holding a six pack of beer. I let him in. "Mmmh whatcha cooking", he said sniffing the air.

"Brownies." I wiggles my eyebrows. "Special brownies?" He wiggled his eyebrows. I laughed, smacking his arm. "No. I don't happen to have weed with me."

He laughed through his nose, setting down the beer on the counter. He opened one, taking a long sip.
"So beer and brownies?" I asked.
He took another sip and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess."

"Cool. Now to top it all off with a movie", I said walked over to my collection of DVDs. "How about Dazed and Confused?"

He had a smirk on his face, nodding his head. He took a seat on the couch while I went back into the kitchen. I got two forks and the brownies and a beer for myself. I didn't even bother cutting out the brownies, we might as well eat it straight from the pan.

Julian smiled wide as I sat next to him. I handed him a fork and we started to eat while watching the movie.

Afterwards.

After we finished all the beer and half of the brownies, our movie watching turning into a make-out session. His kisses were sweet, with a hint of alcohol. He had his hand under my shirt, over my rib cage.

As much I wanted this, I couldn't let it go through. Julian hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, I wasn't going to let it slip this easily.

I pulled away from the kiss, but still close enough to feel his breath on my lips. "Julian..."

"Yeah?" He asked out of breath. I was nervous to ask him about this, I was scared.

"What...are we", I said quietly. He looked me in the eye, swallowing hard. Uh-oh.