Chapter One: The Offer

I pulled into the parking lot of the photography studio that I currently work at. My boss has as he says, an important opportunity for me that he doesn't think I'll be able to resist. He didn't give any details other than it is a once in a lifetime offer. I walked into the front doors and as normal, Melissa , the secretary, bids me a good morning. I walked over to the elevator and pressed the button for the top floor. Once the doors open, I walked down the hall to my bosses door. I knocked quietly.
"Come in."
His voice rang through the door.
I opened the door and walked inside. When I got there, there was a man a little older than myself sitting in one of the chairs in front of Mr. Collins desk.
"Ah Taylor, please come in and have a seat."
He said.
I did as told.
"Is something wrong, Mr. Collins?"
I ask.
"Oh no, Taylor. This is Mr. Jason, he is the tour manager for Asking Alexandria. He would like to know if you'd like to go on tour with his band and take some pictures?"
"How long is this tour?"
I asked.
"It will be around a year, but you will be able to go home for holidays and when the boys have award shows and such."
He said.
"When do you have to have an answer?"
I asked.
"Today, the tour starts tomorrow."
He said.
I bit my lip. Honestly, what do I have to lose? I just turned twenty and I'm single and most of my family live back in Florida. What could go wrong? I sighed.
"I'll do it."
I said.
Both my boss and Mr. Jason smiled.
"Its settled then. Taylor you head home and pack. You'll sign your contract at eight in the morning and then the tour bus will pick you up from there."
Mr. Collins said.
"Okay."
I said, nodding.
I walked outside and to my car. How is this band going to even react to me? Are they going to like me, hate me? I unlocked my car and climbed inside. I immediately turned on the air conditioner and pulled out of the parking lot. I drove back to my house and turned my car off and then locked it. I walked up the stairs to my door and then unlocked the door. I then texted the person I am renting the house from who is also my roommate.
'Hey, I will be going on about a year long business trip, I will send money for my part of the rent to your bank account so you can pay for it.'
With that I went up to my bedroom and started to pack. I packed skinny jeans, band shirts, tank tops, undershirts, underclothes, shorts, pajamas, and finally a pair of converse and a pair of combat boots. I got a text message.
'Hey love, welcome to the Asking Alexandria family. It is an honor to have you as part of the team. ~Ben, Cameron, James, Denis, and Sam'
How did they even get my number. I shrugged and texted back.
'Thank you! I'm really excited to be working for you guys. Its an honor that you asked me. I am honored to be part of the official Asking Alexandria family.'
I hit send and locked my phone back. I then walked into my bathroom and packed my straightener, hair products, woman stuff, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and lastly conditioner. I then remembered deodorant. I jogged into the bathroom and grabbed that as well. I flopped down on my bed. I noticed the notification light blinking on my phone. I grabbed it. It was from twitter. It said that all of the guys from Asking Alexandria had followed me. I smiled at the fact that I am being accepted this well by them. I'm really excited about this entire tour. I've listened to them a couple of times, and they had some pretty good songs I found I liked quite well. I don't majorly obsess with them though. Meaning I won't fangirl when I meet them. They are regular people who just so happen to be living their wildest dreams and I admire that. I admire all singers, actors, and bands. I have grown to respect many of them over the years. I decided to just watch Netflix the rest of the day. Around ten I went upstairs and changed into sweatpants and a tank top and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and set my alarm for six in the morning. I clicked off my bedside lamp and snuggled down into my sheets and blanket, instantly falling asleep.