"'Hello. We live in a messed up society, don't you think? There's something missing, don't you think? Freedom. We're missing freedom. We can't express ourselves freely. And why, you ask? Just look at your wrist. Don't you feel trapped? Just think about it.'

That's something a Revolutionary would say. It's ridiculous, as you all should agree. The label system is great, it's the best we have to organize society. Everyone knows their place and that's just how it goes. However, right now there are nine teenager amongst you who don't agree with me and society. It's an horrendous crime, don't you think? They're dangerous, they're bad.
Don't trust them. Trust society."

The whole crowd stayed silent until panic settled in, everyone fearing the terrible Revolutionaries. It was a scary sight, people running around madly trying to get out of the bleachers.

Daniella looked at Kelsey questionably to which Kelsey replied with an equally as confused and scared look. No one knew what was happening and everyone was freaking out, especially the nine teenagers.

"Let's get the fuck out of here." Daniella yelled, taking Maya's and Kelsey's hands and squeezing between the mass of hysterical teenagers.

The girls ran to the exit pushing everyone out of the way without a care. The police was already outside trying to organize everything and keep everyone calm and safe. However, to the girls the police meant danger and not safety.

"We're fucked." Maya cried. "Is this a set up? What's happening? I don't wanna die..."

No one knew what to do except try not to be seen by the police and get out of the school.

Meanwhile, Luke, Ashton and Michael were standing with their backs against a wall watching everyone pass by as they searched for their friends.

Michael turned to his left side were Frances was supposed to be but let out a surprised sound when he saw no one.

"Where's Frances?" He shouted over the noise.

"I have no idea! I thought she was next to you!" Luke yelled back, searching for the short brunette in the immense crowd.

"She's smart, she'll find a way." Ashton said. "Let's get going!"

The boys were still worried about Frances but nonetheless they started walking towards the exit to where everyone was going in hopes of finding their friends along the way.

Ashton looked at the crowded field trying to find either Calum or Frances but it was useless. Ashton didn't know what to think anymore. Michael and Luke both thought that could be a set up or some sort of test to spot out Revolutionaries and they were both scared and just wanted to get out as fast as possible. Ashton partly agreed with them but he had barely anything left so going to jail or even dying didn't scare him as much as it did in the past. He wasn't scared anymore, he was just numb.

+

Frances lead Calum to the girls locker room in which she opened locker 34 and took out a small box. She opened it revealing a box of discardable gloves and two circular objects.

"Put them on." she ordered, handing him a pair of gloves and then pointing at the spheric objects. "This things create a dark smoke the moment you press the blue button on the side. We're gonna throw this on the ground in the middle of the crowd near the exit. Then we run. Be aware of your surroundings because the smoke is really dark. Don't let go of me and try to find the others. Let's get out of here as fast as possible, alright?"

"Why do you have all this stuff?" Calum asked, still agreeing with the plan though since it was their best option.

"Precaution. I bought it a while back and so that my parents wouldn't find it I kept it here. Never thought I'd actually have to use it." Frances explained, putting on her own pair of gloves and handing one of the objects to Calum. "Be careful and don't let go of me. If you see the others, warn me."

Calum nodded and both ran out of the locker room to the crowded field with scared and hysterical students. They pushed past everyone heading for the exit hoping to find their friends. Finally, Calum spotted Michael in the crowd on its way out. They ran to the boys who exhaled loudly and relaxed a little when seeing Frances and Calum perfectly fine.

"Change of plans. Don't let go of each other. Ran to exit and get out as fast as possible. Calum, wait 30 seconds and then do it." Frances demanded as she disappeared into the crowd ignoring the boys yelling at her to come back.

Thirty seconds passed and both Calum and Frances clicked the blue button and threw the object on the ground immediately being enveloped by a thick, grey smoke.

Frances coughed as she struggled to ran past the scared teenagers who had stopped moving due to the conditions. Her eyes were watering but she kept going until she bumped against the side of the gates on the exit. She ignored the sharp pain filling her body and quickly ran to the street on the other side where she could finally breathe.

For her relief she saw Calum and the boys a few meters from her running down the street. She quickly joined them and they kept running until they reached a safe distance from the school and sat on sidewalk, their hearts beating fast, trying to catch their breaths.

"We have... We have to go back..." Luke said, desperately trying to breathe. "Kelsey..."

"They'll be alright." Michael assured, although not very confident himself. "They'll be alright..."

The teenagers stared at each other and each hoped their friends would be alright and that they were safe.

"Someone betrayed us." Ashton concluded.

+++++++++++++++++++

TWO MORE CHAPTERS ITS ALMOST OVER IM FREAKING OUT

love,

inês