6.

6.

"Really? A playground?" Maya scoffed. "I'm not a child, you know?"

"If you hadn't fucked up, we would still be in that damn classroom working on this fucking project!"

That day, the teenagers decided to meet up in a classroom after school to work on the project. Surprisingly, all eleven teens showed up in the Literature classroom at 5pm sharp.

They discussed various themes but none seemed appropriate especially since most of them caused violent arguments between the teenagers.

Not so surprisingly, they got kicked out for making too much noise, disturbing an important meeting and destroying school property.

2 hours earlier

"So, I suggest we quickly decide a theme and work on the project fast enough, so we can complete it within a month and then we move on with our lives because no one is particularly pleased about this."

Frances took a deep breath and looked around the room. Calum was texting on his phone and silently humming to a random tune. Katie picked at her perfectly polished nails and Hannah sent her judgmental looks. Kelsey was leaning her head on Luke's shoulder and seemed ready to fall asleep at any moment. Luke, Michael and Ashton listened to Frances attentively. Daniella just shrugged her shoulders and Atiya was drawing something in her sketchbook. Maya was just there, not really caring about it.

"Do we all agree?"

"Sure." the other uninterestedly murmured.

"Any ideas, then?" Frances hopefully asked.

"Sex." Katie suggested.

"Can we even talk about that?" Michael chuckled. "But it's a great theme, I have to agree."

Frances rolled her eyes and looked around for more suggestions. Sure she liked sex, but she wasn't sure how they would work on that theme and not everyone would agree with, especially Kelsey. If only she knew...

"I'm not comfortable talking about sex." Kelsey claimed.

"You sound so confident saying that though." Maya replied.

"Being innocent doesn't necessarily make me less confident." Kelsey shot back, clearly angry.

"Shut up, Kels." Luke whispered.

"No. I'm done with keeping my mouth shut." Kelsey jumped from the table she was sitting on. Her brother tried to pull her back but she freed herself from his grip and walked over to Maya. "You little bitch, don't you dare underestimate me again, you understand?"

"Watch your mouth, Hemmings." Maya threatened. "That innocent little mouth of yours."

"It's a pity that I'm not as innocent as they made me be, isn't it?" Kelsey laughed sarcastically. "So, tell me Maya, why did they make you a Baby?"

"Enough." Luke stated. "Stop Kelsey."

"No, Luke, I'm not gonna stop. I'm tired of pretending. I'm sick of being treated like a fragile flower by everyone around and being told to watch my mouth and being told to not dress like a whore. Well, what a pity I like tight and short clothes rather than this damned oversized t-shirt and this fucking jeans!"

"This is who I am and the system had better accept it." Kelsey finished angrily as she walked to the door.

"Don't do it, Kelsey." Frances advised. "They will murder you. Do wanna die now? If you want to fight for yourself, do it but don't just hand yourself over. I know you're a smart girl."

Kelsey stopped herself from opening the door and then turned around walking back to the group of shocked teenagers.

"Let's do a project on life and how we should live it." the lilac haired girl suggested.

"Boring." Calum commented, his eyes locking with hers.

Kelsey felt slightly offended at Calum's monotone tone but shrugged it off focusing on her goal to live the way she wanted. She craved the perfect life she had created for herself in her head. But getting that wouldn't be as easy as she thought.

"You're ridiculous." Maya snorted as she applied more mascara.

"At least I'm not a coward."

Those words triggered something inside the black girl's body which filled her with rage and she quickly put her make up aside and walked towards the innocent girl and slapped her pale face.

Kelsey violently pulled Maya's hair and slammed the taller girl against the nearest wall. The two girls started fighting and insulting each other from then on.

"You fucking bitch." Maya screamed as she threw Kelsey on top of the the teacher's desk. A couple of pens and pencil fell on the floor along with the Literature's teacher, Mrs Moore, favorite mug which broke when it touched the floor.

Luke and Michael tried to keep apart the enraged girls and when they finally succeeded a teacher walked in the room.

"I can explain, Mrs..." Hannah stuttered, still not exactly comprehending what was happening.

"Look what you've done!" Mrs Moore exclaimed.

Ashton and Frances were trying to pick up the broken pieces of the mug and the papers and pens scattered around the floor.

"Irwin, Richardson, what an unexpected surprise."

"Mrs Moore, we weren't the ones fighting, I promise..."

"Oh, Miss, you should know your lies don't work with me!"

"I am not lying!" Frances exclaimed feeling angry about her teacher's unfairly behaviour.

"You two meet me in the Principals office tomorrow morning. You interrupted a very important meeting." she demanded and she turned to leave. "Clifford, Hemmings, let go of the poor girls. And please, all of you, leave the school right now."

"That's so fucking unfair!" Ashton stuttered angrily.

+++

Frances sat in one of the swings and let her eyes wander around the abandoned playground.

Maya defenselessly sat on the old wooden slide which no one could use due to its big hole in the middle. The swings and the benches around were the only things which you could still use in the antique playground.

"Let's do the project on something that holds a meaning to ourselves and keeps people interested." Atiya suggested.

"I agree with you, India." Daniella said as she tried to lit up her cigarette.

"My name's Atiya, for fuck's sake." she muttered under her breath.

The teenagers looked between each other for a long while before the wavy haired boy spoke up.

"Labels." Ashton said. "Let's talk about everything related to what defines our life and show people different points of views on it."

+++++++++++

im tired af and fortunately school is almost over.

last test tomorrow and then one more week til it ends (but in that week we dont do shit so its basically over)

Love,

Inês

random fact: my chemical romance is amazing (im gonna start putting this random facts in my a/n)