Aftermath

Chapter 11

   Ryan is pacing the hall outside the infirmary. Waiting to be let in to see Bonnie. He had already been seen by the pack doctor his chest and torso we're covered in badges. Where fresh slashes. That are across his already scared torso. We're Victor claws slashed my underbelly. It is three in the morning. The wounded are being tended to still. Walt is against the wall watching Ryan pace. He walks in an hour later having just got back. Evelyn is next to him holding his hand. The door opens out comes Zoey and Luis. "She is fine its not broken but there is deep cuts on her leg. The doc sew them up. Since we're such fast healers. She will be completely well in a few days. She is asking for the three of you." said Luis. Walt and Evelyn walk through the door. "Ryan just a moment." asks Zoey. He reluctantly stops in front of her. "Is something wrong?" asks Ryan. They both look at him. "You know we didn't catch Victor but we did catch a couple of his rogue's. We got them in silver cells waiting to be questioned." Luis said. "  We where thinking  maybe you would like to help us interview them" said Zoey.  Ryan wasn't  shocked to find out that Victor slip through our fingers. But two prisoners that might know his next move are in there cells. "That's  good. Then you agree that he will come back then?" asks Ryan. "Yes, I believe that he is coming back. We were told how you fought today Ryan. We are impressed you kept that scum from killing two wolf's. When Bonnie was hurt you rushed to her side. Victor would come at you both if he didn't  hear us coming and run for it." said Zoey. "Go on and see Bonnie we have pack business  to attend to." said Luis.
  Ryan walks through the door. And is going over what Zoey and Luis told him. What he sees doesn't make sense to him. Bonnie and Walt nose to nose arguing in low voices that carries to him. "He will be here in minute. Now sit back down before you fall down." said Walt. Bonnie huffed then glares at Walt. Then she looks over at the door. Ryan stood ther smiling slightly. "About time these two won't let me leave this bed. I'm ready to go to our room." said Bonnie. Ryan walks the rest of the way in. Doesn't stop till he in front of Bonnie. "If you want to go to our room I'm carrying you there. Doc says to stay off that leg." said Ryan. Walt laughs. "See you should just stay here. There is nice comfortable bed right there." said Walt. Bonnie glares at him. "Well I don't  mind carrying Bonnie beside I'd be lonely. If she stays here." said Ryan. Evelyn laughs at the look on Walt's face. The look of utter disbelief and shock.
  Ryan helps Bonnie to her feet. "You want a piggy back ride or you want me to carry you bridle style?" asks Ryan. Bonnie leans up and kisses him lightly on the lips. Ryan kisses her back Bonnie pulls away before it could get heated. She could see the love and beginnings of lust in his eyes. "Piggy back ride please." said Bonnie. Ryan turns around squats down for Bonnie to calm on his back. Once her legs are wrapped around his waist. He hold on to her knees as he strightens up. Bonnie's arm's are around Ryan's neck.
  "Hold on tight." said Ryan. He heads out of the infirmary and across the lawn to the pack house. As he reaches the door it opens. "Bonnie your suppose  to be in the infirmary." scolds Zoey. She looks at Ryan and Bonnie. "I'd rather sleep in my own room with Ryan. Besides Doc didn't say I had to stay in the infirmary." said Bonnie. Zoey sighs. "Fine but better stay off your feet. Till Doc says so." said Zoey. Ryan carrys Bonnie up the stairs all the way to their room. He opens the door. And carry her to the bed and sits her down. Bonnie crawls over to bed side table and turns the lamp on. Ryan gets up and shuts the door.
   Bonnie watches Ryan as he comes back and sits down across from her. She sees that distant look in his eyes again. Its not as pronounced as before. "Ryan do you want to talk about want happen yesterday?" said Bonnie. Ryan gets up and starts to pace the room. Bonnie watches him in silence waiting for him to talk. He finally stops pacing. Ryan is looking at the wall utterly lost. He tore his eyes from the wall. "I've never been as scared as I was yesterday when I saw you on the ground bleeding. You broke the rage I was in. I had to stop that wolf from hurting you even more." said Ryan . Bonnie could see he was lost in memory's. She crawled over the bed to him and stood next to him. Bonnie places her hand on his arm. Ryan blinks then looks at her. "Your not suppose to be on your feet." said Ryan. Bonnie sat and made Ryan sit with her. She held his hand tightly in hers. "You saved Aly and me yesterday. If you had not faught Victor we probably would not. Have held them back long enough for back up to arrive. Everyone knows that this is not over. They are coming with more numbers than before. We will be ready." said Bonnie. Ryan doesn't say anything at first. He is mind keeps circling back to Victor. "When he does come back he will know that my weak spot is you. I'd do anything to keep you safe. I won't see you hurt by Victor." said Ryan. Bonnie kisses him lingering longer. Ryan pulls Bonnie closer. She pulls back with a laugh. "We will keep each other safe." said Bonnie. Ryan sees stubborn sit of her chin. He know's it just be to much fuss to try and change her mind. " Okay we keep each other safe." said Ryan.
   Bonnie claims on to Ryan's  lap then circle her arms around his neck holding him close. "Don't  blame your self for what happened. We all knew the risks when we agreed to fight." said Bonnie. Ryan sees the truth in her eyes. He can't help feel sorry for the wounded.
     "Let’s  get some rest we are both exhausted." said Bonnie. Ryan takes off his shirt and pants. Bonnie takes off her pants leaves on her shirt. Then crawls into bed with Ryan. She snuggles into Ryan's arms. She  fell asleep instantly. Ryan listens to Bonnie's deep even breathing. He realizes that he could have lost her yeasterday. Bonnie laying on ground defenseless is branded in his memory. "We should go after him before he comes back with reforcements. I love Grace with I'll my heart. And know you love Bonnie with your heart. To protect them we should leave."said Gel. Ryan holds Bonnie close. "Gel I made a promise to Bonnie that I wouldn't leave. Because of Victor and I won't break that promise. We aren't going anywhere." said Ryan .
    One way or another it's going to end soon with Victor. He will not take my mate from me. "Ryan are you okay?" asks Bonnie. Ryan kisses her forehead. She kisses my chest right above my badges. "I'm okay just thinking about what happened. I promised you I wouldn't leave. But I think I've an idea what mybnext plan might be and how to stop him. It would be sending a team to negotiate with the them. That's if the Alph agrees with what I suggest. I know which group of rogue's he will go to for help." said Ryan. Bonnie pulls away from Ryan so she could see him. His asking to go. "Do you think you have to go don't you?" said Bonnie. Ryan brushes back her hair that is falling into her face. He doesn't know much about the rogue's he stayed clear of them. While he was on his own. But doesn't know the most ruthless rogue pack.   Second to Victor's is Henry's pack. "Honestly I don't know if I should go or not. I never meet the rogue's that Victor is going to for help. I heard about them there just bad as Victor. Later I'm going request to be there for the questioning of the rogue's." said Ryan.  Bonnie lays her head back down on Ryan's shoulder. "If your right will we be out numbered by these rogue's  that Victor is going to?" asks Bonnie. Ryan trails his hand up and down Bonnie's  back. "I'm not sure how many there is." said Ryan. They layed there in silence. Both thinking of the worst that could happen. Ryan could tell that Bonnie is asleep. Ryan slowly drifts off to sleep.