11: This Calls for a Toast

<<11: This Calls for a Toast>>

"I'm so glad this year is finally over!! Woohoo!!" I cheer in excitement as I run up the stairs leading to Sloane's bedroom, and everyone else joins in.

"Well, we have that dumbass ethics course next week... But let's forget about that," Sloane chuckles and waves it off as she opens the door to her bedroom and we pile in. We've finally left school after the last day and completed our sophomore year, and a bunch of us gals have headed back to Sloane's house for a huge sleepover. It's just Sloane, Natalia, Rachel, Serena, and me.

Also, a major ass-kicking is about to go down--the kicking of our male friends' wimpy little asses. They're also having a huge slumber party tonight, and they're about to get shown why their momma made them--to get their sorry butts handed to them by some amazing female specimen. Oh yeah, baby. 

Preston (one of my closest friends of the male specimen... and no, I do not have a crush on him) and I made a bet earlier today--whoever can stay up the latest, wins. It's your good old-fashioned boys versus girls kinda scenario, and the loser pays the winner twenty bucks. Needless to say, I'm quite excited to earn some easy money.

Realizing that there are some sleepy children among each pack, and we all also had to wake up around 6:00 AM this morning to attend our last day of classes, Preston and I set a few ground rules:

1. If three people at one sleepover fall asleep, that sleepover loses. (Even if it's just for a few seconds, once that third person falls asleep, the gender has lost.)

2. After 6:30 AM, the bet is off, and it's a draw. (Mainly because soon afterwards Sloane's parents will wake up, and we'll get murdered if they find out how late we stayed up.)

3. Both teams must check in with proof of who is awake over phone every hour on the hour. If you miss someone in the video, even if they're actually awake, they count as asleep--and once someone has been counted as asleep, they cannot be 'awoken'.

While it's only around 4:30 now since we just got back to Sloane's house, shit should be getting real in about 6-7 hours or so.

- - - - - - - -

Well, I didn't expect shit to get real this early... Jesus.

All was going well as us girls just chatted about recent events at school, and then suddenly Serena just ran and locked herself into the bathroom. What is this, Real Housewives of Kindergarten? She needs to grow the fuck up.

I'm not even sure what the big deal is, but Serena exclaimed that she kissed some guy, and now she's run and locked herself in the fucking bathroom. My god, that girl is a piece of work.

"What the fuck is she even doing in there?" Rachel whispers, her voice laced with annoyance.

"I have no idea." Sloane says.

While Natalia, Sloane, and Rachel continue to whisper in confusion, I continue to stay silent. I can feel my face slowly heating up with anger and annoyance.

What the fuck is Serena's problem?! She feels the constant need to create everything into this big, bullshit spectacle to get sympathetic attention from other people. And, honestly, I'm tired of this. It's been itching at me lately and slowly getting to me, and this pitiful stunt is just the last straw. The sad part? She always gets away with it, and everyone goes crawling to the poor, little short girl to give her the undeserving sympathy and attention that she greedily desires. Yes, it may appear as though I'm overreacting a little bit here, but Serena pulls stunts like these nearly once a week now.

I mean honestly, how stupid does it get? Serena locking herself into a bathroom isn't going to solve any of her nonexistent problems.

My phone buzzes, and I angrily snatch it out of my pocket and glance at the lock screen.

- SERENA <5:12PM>:  guys? i cant do this -

Are you fucking kidding me right now?? She's locked herself in the bathroom, and now she's texting us in the group chat? Oh, hell no.

What even is the issue? Oh, so she kissed a guy. Big. Fucking. Deal. Shouldn't she be happy?

"I'm going to prove a point," I say with a sickly sweet smile before I get up from my seat on the bed and walk over to Sloane's closet, shutting the door behind me and taking a seat in the corner.

"Kate! What the hell are you doing? This is so stupid!" Natalia yells at the closet door.

"That's exactly my point!!" I shout back.

"Come on, guys!! Just come out and we can talk this out!" Sloane shouts.

"Okay." I step out of the closet and take a stand in the corner of the room, still fuming slightly inside. Serena hesitantly walks out into the bedroom as well. One look at her face tells all--she already knows that she's lost this bullshit battle.

"Okay, Kate, I want you to explain your issue and we can try to solve it," Sloane speaks in an authoritative voice.

"Okay, I'm sorry, let's just forget this because I don't want to be ru--"

"I CAN'T DO THIS!! I HATE MY LIFE! You're not the only one with problems, Kate!" I don't even get a complete sentence out of my mouth before Serena begins screeching at me. 'Not the only one with problems' what the fuck? I never even mentioned having any problems.

I honestly don't understand her point of view here, though. My parents are divorced and I live out of a suitcase, but I never mention it because nobody really understands and all I ever get is pity. I HATE sympathy. I don't want to be treated like a lesser person, and I don't want for people to ever have to walk on eggshells around me. I would kill for a life as great as Serena's, but I know that everyone has their problems, even if they seem minor and idiotic. I've NEVER belittled her problems or even compared them to mine. Her pulling bullshit like this and nonchalantly accusing me simply make my blood boil.

"Hold up, hold up--" Sloane cuts Serena off, earning herself a wicked death-glare as she steps up onto the wooden chair of her desk. "Let's make this a orderly intervention, yeah?" Sloane calls out from atop the chair.

"Okay," I nod in agreement, and Serena grunts.

"This is the brush of authority!" Sloane calls out, waving a hairbrush up in the air that she grabbed off of the desk. Natalia and Rachel chuckle in amusement from their positions on the bed.

As an outsider, I guess that our current predicament might appear to be fairly humorous. One girl sprawled out on the bed like she owns the place, two others sitting at the base of the bed, another standing in front of it, and then the wacky, lovable child with the curly messy bun atop her head that's standing on the chair of her desk as she waves a hairbrush in the air. I guess the irony of the situation is not lost on me.

"You may not speak unless you have the brush of authority! Kate, you're up first," Sloane tosses the hairbrush my way, and I catch it swiftly. Oh, this is going to be a long night... And not only because we've planned on staying up till dawn.

- - - - - - - -
A/N: Thank you for reading the chapter! Please feel free to let me know what you think, or if you have and comments or suggestions for later events in the story. Also, please point out any grammatical mistakes if you see them! Thanks! :)

ALSO: Please check out one of my best friend's blogs! The link is: <<
pointeshoesandpoppunkbands.blogspot.com >> Thanks!!

Goals of the Chapter:
460 Reads
35 Votes
25 Comments

<3 Alex