Chapter 10: Reunions and finals

Third Person's POV

It seemed like after Tobin's birthday, the couple seemed to be closer than ever. After exchanging their first "I love you's ", they made sure to remind each other of these three words on the daily.

Everyone could see that the cute couple were head over heels for each other. Everyone could also see that Tobin was the happiest than she ever been. Even Ash, who was a bit skeptical of their sudden clossness at first couldn't deny that Alex had such a positive impact on Tobin's life.
*

******""

As the days went by, the team's main focus was to prepare for the State Championship Game and everybody was pretty nervous. Practice this week was also harder than ever before, the Coach was pushing his players to their breaking points. Each practice they were competing as if it was a game, making sure every touch was crisp, every pass was accurate and that they were always on their toes. By Thursday, everyone was ready for this game.

****†***†******

Tobin's POV: Thursday

It was a light and easy day for me as I couldn't wait to hang out with Alex after practice. The previous day, Alex and I because her mother was coming back after a business trip and her family was suppose to have a family dinner planned. Today, I planned for us to get some froyo after practice and talk a bit before the big game.

"So are you ready for the game tomorrow night?" I ask Alex as we sat down outside of Yogurtopia, eating froyo.

"Yeah, I'm really excited and nervous a little bit since my oldest sister Jeni flew in all the way from New York to watch me play and she hasn't seen me play for DBHS yet, plus Jeri heard a rumor that a lot of scouts are going to be there," Lex rambled. I just smile as I reach under the table to hold her hand. I always think it's cute when she rambles.

"Relax babe, you just keep doing what you do and you'll be fine," I say which got her smiling again. We continue to eat in comfortable silence until a question pops into my mind.

"Hey um speaking of family, how was your welcome home dinner for your mom yesterday?" I ask. Alex immediately froze in her chair, not making eye contact.

"Umm, it was nice" she says in a small voice. For a moment I question her strange behavior but instead put a smile on my face.

"Oh really? That's cool, hopefully before she leaves again I can maybe meet her," I says while picking at my frozen yogurt. I already met Alex's father and older sister Jeri before and they were both very nice so I was actually excited to met her mom one day.

"No Tobin, I don't think its a good idea" Alex cuts me off. She sighs."I can't have you over because my mom... She just doesn't understand," She says as she stares down at her now melted puddle froyo.

I immediately understood where Alex was coming from. I know how it feels to hide something like this from the people you love... And to be rejected by them. I give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"It's okay Lex, I'm here whenever you decide the time is right," I say. Alex sighs again as we both throw away our trash and start heading towards her neighborhood.