Chapter 7: Rivals and House Parties

*Fast Forward to After mid winter Break*

Tobin's POV

      Tryouts went smoothly and Alex and I made it on the varsity. I'm super stoked to play with all the girls since everyone is so nice and chill. It's been some weeks since tryouts and we are undefeated so far. Our team chemistry was great and we felt that we were unstoppable. So far I was having a pretty decent season and Alex was a goal scoring machine.

    Its near the middle of May and our regular season was almost over. We just had one final opponent... and they were our biggest rival.

Monday~ Practice

" Tobs, are you ready for rivalry week?" Becky asked at practice as Alex and I were passing the ball around. The coach wasn't here yet, but our captains were here to guide us through warm ups.

I just shrug. "Yeah sure," I say. She raises an eyebrow.

"Do you know how important this game, no this whole week is? If we lose to them you know what everyone is going to say??? Oh this team were undefeated before they lost to Crestwood Hawks just like last year!" Becky exclaims. Everyone is then silent, Alex and I were too stunned to respond. Becky isn't usually like this.

I nod quickly as she then marches towards HAO and Kling laughing.

"I know Heather you are the comedian of the team but please try to focus this week,"

"Yes sir" Heather salutes, tries to say with a straight face before laughing like crazy. Becky's face suddenly turns red. She then turns towards all of us.

"Since nobody is taking this practice seriously, let's run another lap ladies," she yells. Everyone, including myself groans as we start running around the field. Syd and Kristie run up next to me and Alex.

"Don't take anything Becky says this week personally. Rivalry week just turns her into a huge-"

"What did you say Leroux?!"

"Um nothing Becky, um just telling the girls how important this game is," Syd lies as we all snicker.

The rest of the practice was grueling. Coach made sure that we knew how important this game is. He made sure that all of our touched were precise and every pass was perfect.

Tuesday

Practice didn't get any easier for us. By now everybody was pretty nervous and serious about the game. After Wednesday's practice , everyone was going over Syd's house to discuss the game.

"Let me tell all the new girls here, this week is like the craziest soccer week of the year. Also there are always like a lot of people at the game," Becky points out as my heart sank.

"Does anyone have a scouting report on the team? Syd?" Ali asked as we passed popcorn around as we chilled in Syd's living room. Syd just shrugs.

"Their defense is decent but I think we can get pass them. Since they all know what our offense is like, Alex would be like our secret weapon. Also, they are really aggressive and often people say that they are dirty," Sydney shrugs again.