Chapter 4: Safe Haven Pt.2

Tobin's POV

We played for probably a little over an hour before we were both laid out, on the middle of the field. Alex won 5-4 and she has spent the last five minutes gloating about it.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I let you win," I say jokingly, rolling my eyes. Ugh, I absolutely hate losing especially when it comes to soccer but for some reason, I was okay by Alex beating me, just this once.

"Ok whatever you say Toby," she says, still smirking. I usually hate when people call me that but for some reason whenever Alex says it, it makes me smile .

"Anyways" she says. "How did you guys actually find this place?"

"Actually during my freshman year. Hope, Ashlyn, I were wandering after practice and we found a hole through the fence. Of course there was a restricted sign, but we didn't care and bam we found this place," I say while studying the evening sky.

"Wow that's cool... It's so peaceful here"

"Yeah, this place is like my safe haven" I say. Following that were a couple minutes of the both of us admiring the night sky. After awhile I check my phone and notice that it was eight o'clock and I was extremely hungry.

"Hey um I know this one nice diner nearby and um I was wondering if you wanted to join me?" I ask awkwardly, hoping not to get rejected. She nods eagerly as we both change out of our cleats and I quickly throw on a hoodie that I found in my bag.

As we were walking, I notice Alex staring at my longboard.

"Do you skateboard all the time?" She asked clearly intrigued.

"Sure, ever since I was a little kid I would always use it as my main mode of transportation," I reply nonchalantly.

"That's so cool, I never really considered skateboarding before but I always wanted to learn how to, along with surfing," she says. I just stare at her in amazement. Wow a girl who's hot, incredible at soccer and interested in surfing?

"Oh that amazing! I loving surfing! Maybe I can teach you someday" I say. This just adds to the list to reasons why Alex Morgan is the perfect girl for me.

A few minutes and we entered another one of my favorite places in Diamond Bar. Hope, Ash and I would always dine here.

"Tobin! Long time no see!"

"Carlos my man," I say to the owner of the place as we bro hug. After the hug, he's attention then turns towards Alex.

"Ah, Tobin aren't you going to introduce me to your lady friend here?" He says smiling. I suddenly blush while Alex just stares down at her sneakers.

"This is Alex, Alex Morgan and she's not my... She's just a friend from school. Anyways we were just stopping here after working out," I say, scratching the back of my neck. I tend to do that whenever I'm embarrassed or nervous.

Carlos smiles before leading us to a table for two. Alex and I sit down and order. She orders two tacos and a water while I order a burger, fry and a chocolate milkshake. We then talk and started to get to know each other better.

"Well I am the youngest of three girls and I have two older sisters name Jeni and Jeri. My parents are pretty cool, my mom owns her own jewelry shop while dad works for some big business corporation and is always away on business trips. I just started playing soccer a few years ago but I want to play professionally and hopefully I get to go to my dream college, Cal. Anyways enough about me, tell me about yourself? What's you're family like?" Alex ask me and I freeze. I don't really like talking about my family especially after they kicked me out and practically left me homeless during the Summer.

"Um, well I have three siblings, two older sisters, Katie and Perry and a younger brother name Jeff. Um my parents are okay I don't really like talking about my family that much," I saw looking down. "Anyways I'm really close to Hope and Ash. They both have been here for me through everything. We all been playing soccer since we could remember. I hope one day I can play for my dream college, UNC and play for the national team," I say. After that we then joke around and she asked me questions about Diamond Bar and the soccer team.

"Wow I can't believe that's it is 9:30 o'clock already." Alex says as she checks her phone.

"Well like they say, time flies by when you're having fun," I say. She just giggles. Man, her laugh is so cute.
********
After walking Alex home, she finally speaks up.

"I must admit, I did have a great time with you tonight," she says smiling. Every time she smiles, my heart start pounding like crazy. Calm down Tobin calm down.

"Cool maybe we could do this every Friday,"

"Yeah I would like that," Alex says as we embrace before saying goodbye. Before she opens her front door, she turns around and quickly takes out a little piece of paper and slips it into my hand.

"Oh and by the way, here's my number," she whispers into my ear before winking and entering her house.
********

I spent the rest of that night thinking about a certain blue eyed beauty.

*****************************"
A/N- Hope Y'all liked it! Don't forget to comment and vote!
Also following Dabbin_Tobin for more stories coming soon!