Chapter 5: It's a Date

Alex's POV

"Alex, where were you last night?!" Christen exclaims immediately after her and Sydney barged into my room. I sit up from my bed and look at her in confusion.

"We were suppose to go shopping then go to In and Out Burger, remember?" Syd says as the two plop down on my bed. Oh crap I totally forgot that yesterday I was suppose to only go the to the park to practice for like 15 minutes then go over Christen's house. Not spend the rest of the evening with Tobin. Tobin. Just thinking of her, made my stomach flutter.

"Sorry guys I completely forgot," I say somewhat feeling guilty. "I um went to the park and Tobin was there and we went out to grab some dinner afterwards"

"Ooh I see what exactly happened," Christen grins. "You guys went out on a date!"

"What?! No way, geez can a girl just hang out with another girl?" I deadpan, but I knew it was all lies. Wait lies? I don't like Tobin like that...or do I?

"These days you never know..." Syd teases, interrupting me of my thoughts. I just glare at her before throwing my pillow at her. She just laughs.

"I think Lex here has a little crush on Tobin," Christen teases some more, while poking my side.

"I mean there's something about Tobin, which makes me feel...some ways. She's funny, smart and has this really cool laid back personality that kinda attracts you like a magnet," I respond, smiling at the last part. Tobin was an all around good person, not to mention she was like the most beautiful person I ever seen.

Tobin had the perfect shade of long, light brown hair, along with a pretty face and warm honey brown eyes that sometimes looked hazel when the light hits them in a certain way. She had the perfect body, perfect jawline and killer abs. Not to mention that she was perfectly tan and have the most beautiful smile that I've ever seen. Honestly, just thinking about her made me smile.

"Lex!" Syd shouts as she snaps her fingers in my face. Oops, I must of been daydreaming about Tobin...again.

"It's okay Lex if you like her, nobody is going to judge," Sydney says before patting my back.

"Yeah you guys would totally be the cutest couple,"

"Stop it you guys!" I say, surprising myself for snapping at them. "It just wouldn't work, even if I did like her," I say in a low voice.

"Oh Lex don't say that, I'm pretty sure Tobin has a crush on you too," Syd says, but I just shake my head.

"I doubt it," I say sadly, playing with my bracelet. The two nod as we drop the topic of Tobin and started talking about other topics.

"Enough about talking about who I like, who do you guys like?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Well as you guys all know things are heating up with me and Dom so that's not really a surprise. The real question is who does Pressy like?" Syd asked smirking. Both Syd and I turn to Christen, who immediately starts turning red.

"To be honest, I'm pretty sure the person I like is already taken. " She says shyly. From then, we decide to drop the whole dating topic and start talking about, soccer and school. But I still couldn't get my mind off of Tobin.

Two days later we return back to school and I was excited, only because I get to see Tobin again. This morning I was awake by a text.

Toby~ good morning sunshine 😊

I smile while reading the text. I reply back instantly.

Me~ good morning to u too Toby 😊

Toby~ hey wanna meet me this morning at that one cafe by the school? I kinda need to tell u something

Me~ yeah sure :)

Toby~ alr I'll see u soon!

I put my phone down and immediately look for something nice to wear. I then brush my teeth and do my hair before grabbing my backpack and start heading out the door.

I get to the cafe first and surprisely it was not that crowded. A few minutes Tobin arrives beaming that beautiful smile of hers. We exchange a quick hug before sitting back down.

"So why did you want to talk about?" I ask once we settle down. That's when Tobin bits her lip nervously and scratches the back of her neck.

"Well I uh wanted to talk about us," She begins, "look Lex, I like you a lot and I know that you like me too, so I wanted to ask... If I can take you out on a date." Tobin says. She looks so adorable when she's nervous.

It surprised me that Tobin shared the same feelings as I do but I was so happy that she felt the same way.

"Yes, of course I'll go on a date with you. And I also want to say that I have the same feelings towards you too," I say shyly as she breaths a sigh of relief. She then flashes that mega watt smile of hers.

"So it's a date?"

"It's a date"

*

*****************************

A/N- Sorry if this chapter sucked I kind of rushed it so I can publish another chapter before I had to go back to school so yeah. I also can't wait until the uswnt plays again this coming Wednesday, it seems like it's been forever lol.