Chapter 8: Rivalry Game

Friday: Game Day

Third Person's POV

Every since the previous night, Tobin couldn't stop thinking about what Servando said. The two hated each other since middle. Servando was always a snotty arrogant kid and there was something about his personality that Tobin didn't like.
She knew from past experiences that she shouldn't let whatever that asshole says bother her but for some reason, she couldn't get those words out of her head. Those words cut deep and she didn't need anymore distractions, especially with the biggest game of the season tonight...

It's early in the morning and nobody mentioned what happened last night. Hope was noticeable quieter and hitched a ride from Kelley to school and Tobin and Ash didn't speak. Tobin also couldn't let go what Ash said about Alex the night before.

Tobin gets to the school pretty early and as soon as she walkd through the doors, she see him.

Servando was with his soccer buddies when he called out. " Well look who it is." Tobin glares at him, but smirks when she sees a bandage on his nose and a slightly bruised black eye cause by her. "Heath, why don't you tell Alex I really enjoyed last night and I can't wait to see her again," he winks as his group of friends laugh along. Tobin grits her teeth, ready to pounce on the boy. However she feels a firm grip on her shoulder.

"Dont let him get under your skin. We need you to focus for the game tonight," Hope whispers in my ear. Tobin turns to see her and Kelley standing behind me.

"Yeah Tobs just ignore him. Don't let him mess up your game. We need you on your game tonight," Kelley adds. Tobin just nods.

"Yeah you guys are right. I shouldn't worry about that piece of shit anyways," Tobin smiles. Hope just smirks before her and Kelley leave for class. That's when Alex comes up behind Tobin and kisses her cheek.

"Hey Toby," Alex says, taking her hand into Tobin's. Tobin couldnt help but smile before kissing her.

"Hey Lex, ready for the game?" Tobin ask while the pair start walking to 1st hour. She didn't want to bring up last night just yet.

"No not really, I feel like crap. I must've been really drunk last night I barely remember a thing. All I remember is that I met this guy named Servando," She laughs. Tobin immediately stiffens. Right before Tobin could reply, we spot Syd and HAO walking towards us, both wearing hats and sunglasses.

"Well you guys look like crap," Alex says while Tobin tries but fails to hold in her laughter. They were surely paying the price for last night.

"Geez thanks Lex, for stating the obvious," Syd responds grumpily. Alex and Tobin couldn't help but laugh.

An Hour Before Game time

Tobin and the team were all in the locker room, doing their pregame rituals in order stay focus before the game. Tobin sat by her locker, which was next to Alex's and put on her lucky cross necklace that Alex gave to her. She then closes her eyes, taking it all in.

"Alright ladies let's go out and kick some ass!" Becky yells. The girls cheer and head out on the field.

**********************************