Chapter 23

Hermione’s POV

I looked up to see Ron watching Olivia walk back to the Slytherin table. Ugh, why does he have to like her? And why does she have to be so mean to Harry? Does she really need to act like that? Maybe that’s why she’s a Slytherin. I need to talk to her about that.

I got up and walked over to where she was sitting at her table. “Hey Mudblood, what are you doing here? We don’t want your crap!” a Slytherin yelled. I scowled at him. “Oh no, she’s mad! What are you going to do, kill me with your knowledge?” he mocked. The people around us started to laugh and I saw Olivia barely crack a small smile.

“Olivia, may I talk to you?” I asked, trying to cool down. She raised an eyebrow but still got up.

“Liv, what are you doing?” It was the seventh year kid that was with her earlier.

“Be back in a sec, okay?” she told him quietly. He nodded and turned to the fifth year. She followed me out of the Great Hall and I stopped outside the doors.

“Why are you treating Harry like that?” I demanded.

She folded her arms. “I didn’t appreciate what he did on Sunday. And I don’t need to talk to him 24/7.”

I sighed angrily. “You’re making him feel bad and you know it. He wants to talk to you.”

“Then why hasn’t he talked me?! Why isn’t he talking to me now? Why is it you? If he really was sorry, he would come up to me and say it.”

I poked her in the shoulder. “You’re the one who’s avoiding him. He has tried to talk to you, but you won’t listen. And what about Ron?”

She shrugged. “What about him?”

I sighed again. “He’s been trying.”

She shook her head. “Trying to catch someone’s eye isn’t an apology.”

“And why do you need and apology? You’re the one who did something to them.” Her mouth opened like she was going to say something, but she changed her mind and closed it again. She looked down, took a deep breath, and tried again.

“And what exactly did I do?” she asked quietly.

“You asked them to come to the practice and then you attack them, made them look like defenseless idiots. That’s what you wanted all along, wasn’t it? You wanted to humiliate them in front of the Slytherins.”

“And who told you that?” she asked quietly.

I folded my arms. I could tell I was pissing her off. “The Patil twins.”

She looked up at me and glared. And I’m sorry to say, I flinched back. It was like she was literally glaring daggers at me. “And did they also tell you that they hated me? That they were jealous? Why don't you try asking Harry and Ron about Sunday? I’m sure they would tell you the truth.”

And with that, she turned on her heal and went back to dinner. I frowned. What does she have to be jealous of? Okay, maybe she is beautiful and every boy wants her, but other than that?

Well, she’s smart. And funny. Crap, there are a lot of things to be jealous of. I headed back into the Great Hall and sat next to Harry and Ron. “Hey guys, what exactly happened on Sunday?”

Olivia’s POV

That stupid Mudblood! Acting like she knows everything! If she wants to know about what happened, why doesn’t she ask someone who was actually there?! She can’t go around accusing people of things she heard in rumors! When I sat down, I was still fuming. “Whoa there, Liv. Calm down! I want to talk to you and actually understand you!” Tom laughed, trying to lighten the mood. But it didn’t help.