Chapter 34

Olivia’s POV

When we walked into the Great Hall, people started to stare. Whispers flew across the room, and George squeezed my hand reassuringly.Without looking at them, we walked over to the tables. We sat down and looked around for Harry and Ron, who didn’t get a date. Once we found them, we waved to them to come and sit with us.

“Wow, Olivia. You look great.” Ron commented. I smiled and looked at his clothes. He didn’t look very good.

But I didn’t want to tell him that. “Diddo.” He glanced back at Harry and I could tell he had no idea what I was talking about. “Diddo means right back at you.”

He nodded mutely. Without saying much, they sat down with us. There was a long silence, which I finally broke. “Come on, George. Let’s dance. I’m bored.” He nooded, and we walked over to the crowd of people dancing. There wasn’t a lot.

We went to a spot near the middle of the group, and we waited for a new song to begin.

After a few seconds the song ended, and a fast beat one came on. George started to do this ridiculous dance and wouldn’t stop. I was laughing and he grabbed my hands and made me do it with him. The whole time I was laughing nonstop. People looked at us like we were crazy, but I didn’t pay attention.

After we danced to a few songs, we went to sit again. “I’ll get us some drinks.” George suggested and left. I sighed and sat back. I really hate dresses. They make you feel exposed. As I was thinking to myself, Draco came and stood in front of me.

“What do you want?” I asked, annoyed.

He smiled. “Will you dance with me?” he asked sweetly, ignoring the irritation in my voice.

I shook my head. “Go dance with Parkinson. I’m waiting for my date to come back.”

Draco’s eyes narrowed. “You mean Weasley? Why would you go with him?”

“Because she didn’t want to get stuck with a git like yourself.” George answered as he handed me a butterbeer.

I shook my head and smiled. Draco only scowled at him and left. “George, you know I don’t like butterbeer.” I said, taking the drink.

He smiled. “Do you really think I would give you a butterbeer? There’s firewhiskey in it. Didn’t want to let the teachers see you drinking that. They said only fifth years and up are allowed to drink it.”

I smiled as I opened it. I took one sip and could tell he was right.

“Where’s Hermione?” I turned to see Ron standing there.

“I don’t know. Haven’t seen her.” I said, taking another sip of the firewhiskey.

Ron looked around again. “I thought she was lying when she said she didn’t have a date.” He mumbled to himself as he walked off.

“Do you want to dance again?” George asked after a few minutes. I nodded and we walked over and waited for a new song. The next song that came on was thankfully a slower song. The music slowed down and people started to dance closer and slower. George and I did the same, and I was surprised to see he was pretty light on his feet. He twirled me, we danced again, and he twirled me again and got closer.

“I’m having a lot of fun, George.” I told him and leaned my head on his shoulder. He looked around us.

“I am too, Olivia. I don’t want this to end.” I froze and looked at him in shock and he took that as an advantage. He leaned down slowly and kissed me. It was really sweet.