Chapter 6

Draco and I finished our lunch sooner than most people, so we decided to head down to Hagrid's hut early. We hadn't made it too far when we heard voices behind us call, "Malfoy!"

Draco groaned as he slowed his pace, but we didn't come to a complete stop.

I looked behind us to see who was calling to him, and two pudgy boys nearly knocked me down as they reached Draco. I stumbled forward, dropping my books, and Draco glared at the boys. 

"Watch where you're going! Pick up her things." He rolled his eyes as they quickly picked up my books, but I was taken aback by how quickly Draco's mood changed. He had been just fine a few seconds ago, how could these guys dampen the mood so quickly?

The taller of the two boys handed me my books and quickly stepped back. "Uhh, thanks. I'm Olivia, who are you two?"

Draco took the last of my papers from the shorter one, but he kept a hold of them, stacking them on his own pile of supplies. "The shorter is Crabbe, the other is Goyle. These goons won't," he glared at them, making them squirm a bit, "be bothering us, so you don't have to worry about them. Now, we really need to get going."

He walked past them without looking back, and I smiled apologetically at them as I passed by them to get back at Draco's side. 

I made sure we were out of ear shot before I stopped, making him stop as well. "Are we just gonna act like that didn't happen, or are you going to explain?"

"Olivia, it's not a big deal. Their father's used to be.. business partners with mine, and they follow me everywhere. They're both idiots."

He started forward again, and this time I let the subject drop. 

When we reached the hut, Hagrid wasn't there yet and there were only a few other students around. I dropped my things to the ground and sat. A few seconds later, Draco dropped his things as well and lied down. He still looked kinda pissed, so I tried to lighten the mood. 

I pulled out one of my potion books and plopped it on his stomach. He groaned and pushed it off, laughing. "What in the world was that for?"

"Open to a random page and quiz me on the potions."

He sat up, smiling. "Any page? You're that confident in yourself?"

I smiled and crossed my legs, getting comfortable. "I am. Read me some ingredients off the lists and I bet I can guess what potion it is."

"That's a bet I might have to take you up on. What do I get when you get it wrong?"

"Don't sound so sure I'll lose, you'll do well to remember I was raised by the Potions Master." I laughed.

He rolled his eyes. "That doesn't automatically mean you know everything, Liv. If you miss even one of these, you have to volunteer for anything and everything a professor needs. If you get them right, I'll volunteer."

"Oh, you are so on! Come on, quick. As soon as Hagrid arrives, we'll be done."

His eyebrow arched as he looked down at the book, meticulously flipping through the pages before picking one. He cleared his throat, and I had to fight back laughter. "Greater celandine, used formerly as a diuretic-"

"Chelidonium Miniscula."

"Nope."

"What? Yes it is, that's the only one that the celandine has to be specially prepared for. Let me see that." I pulled the book from his hand and scanned the page. "Draco, it says right here: Chelidonium Miniscula."

"You mispronounced it."

"What do you mean I mispronounced it? That doesn't count, I got it."

"You made most those vowels long, that makes it incorrect."