Chapter 28

Olivia’s POV

Gryffindor and Hufflepuff slept in the Great Hall, while Ravenclaw and Slytherin were supposed to stay in their common rooms. That had definitely been too risky for Sirius. That night I was planning to go and visit him, but the school has added way more dementors since Sirius got in and back out so easily.

I know it was partially my fault, and now George knows. Tomorrow he said he would let me explain everything. Hopefully he'll still trust me afterward.

I just want to go out and talk to Sirius, but now I have to explain to Dumbledore why I told George. Hopefully he'll see it wasn’t my entire fault. George was the one who followed me. I'll talk to him about it later.

The next morning, I got up earlier than I usually did. It was around 6:16 when I walked out of the common room. Making sure no one was in the common room, I went to go see Sirius. After I changed into the wolf, I walked to the Whomping Willow. I wasn't in a hurry.

I walked through the whole Shrieking Shack, but I didn't see Sirius anywhere. Once I made sure he wasn't there, I trotted out the front door to Hogsmeade. I quickly found him outside the Hogshead.

I stopped next to him and, lying down, I putting my head on my front paws. He lazily looked over at me. It took him a few seconds, but he finally recognized me and stood up. He started to bark but I couldn't understand him. I sat up, tilted me head, and let my tongue fall from my mouth. Man, dogs had it easy.

He nudged me and I slowly stood on all fours. He turned and ran toward the Shack. I followed him and as soon as he was in the small room on the second floor, he changed back to his human form. "Olivia! What are you doing here?" I wagged my tail and he laughed. "Olivia, people down there don't always like dogs. I've gotten kicked around before. I don't want that to happen to you."

I stood on my hind legs and barked. He smiled as I changed back. "Calm down, Sirius. I was being careful. Besides, no one will go around kicking a wolf. No one in their right mind at least.”

He nodded. “And not everyone is in their right mind down there.”

This time I shrugged and sat down. “How did you know about what happened with Wormtail?”

His smile fell. “I think the question should be why you didn’t tell me.”

My gaze dropped to the ground. “Because I knew you would come to the castle and try to get him.”

I glanced up to see he was nodding. “He has finally gone too far. And now that Weasley boy knows."

"I seriously didn't know he was following me. Usually I can tell, but I was too focused on trying to find you." 

"At least it was him and not Lucius' son. That would have been bad. Now, what were you doing with Weasley?"

"His name's George. I was with him outside talking when people started to yell, and I left to find you." Sirius turned to the window, dropping the subject.

"So did you want to talk about anything specific?" he asked.

I shook my head. "There was nothing to do at school. No one else was up."

He nodded. "Well, you should probably go back. It's almost 6:50. Breakfast has already started." I sighed, changing back to my wolf. He came over and patted my head. "Do be careful, Olivia. And if anything happens, please send me a message." I barked and left the Shack.

I jogged up to the school and changed quickly, running to the corridor in front of the Great Hall. I looked side to side and didn't see anyone. Good. I sighed, walking into the Great Hall. The tables were back and people were talking about last night. Mark saw me and ran up to me. "Did you see him?! I saw you run off and you said you would find him! Well did you?!" I smiled at his enthusiasm. "Is that a yes?"