Chapter 30

While we were in the common room, George and Fred had come down from their dormitory with a bottle of butterbeer and firewhiskey. "Okay, what in the world is butterbeer and firewhiskey?" I asked.

They looked at me in disbelief. "You've never had Butterbeer or firewhiskey?" they asked together.

"Sev only taught me about the important things in America."

Fred looked at me weirdly. "What were you doing in America?" he asked.

I smiled. "I live in America. We have an apartment in Florida."

"So, is this your first time in England?" Hermione wondered. I nodded.

"Wow. Well, we'll have to come visit you sometime. I've never been to America." Ron said.

I shrugged. "It's not very exciting. Unless you think girls screaming for any hot guy they see is exciting."

George smiled. "Maybe I shouldn't go, then. They might make everyone deaf." 

I smiled, shaking my head. "That's why I can't stand them. I always hang out with the guys. You could never be bored with them. I had a select few friends that were girls, but only because they felt the same way I do. I really miss my friends sometimes."

The twins frowned and exchanged looks. I bet every friend they've had goes here, so they never had to leave them. But Hermione nodded understandingly.

"Well, let's have those butterbeers!" Fred exclaimed and opened the bottle. He handed it to me first. I looked between the twins and they urged me on.

I took a sip and almost spit it on everyone. It was that bad. "Butterbeer, more like Bitterbeer. This stuff is horrible!" I handed them the bottle back, and Fred shook his head again in disbelief.

"How can you not like Butterbeer?!" he asked as he drank it.

"Just let me have the firewhiskey. I bet that’s better."

They exchanged glances and smiled. "Okay." they chimed together.

I smiled also and took the bottle. When I first took a sip, it burned my throat, but had a good taste. "Finally I understand why wizards drink what they do. This is pretty good." The twins started to laugh, and Ron soon joined. "What's so funny?" I asked them.

George calmed down enough to answer. "You are the weirdest witch I have ever met. And that's including my relatives." I shrugged, smiling.

During the rest of the time I was there, only me and the twins drank the firewhiskey. When I left the common room, George was beside me. "Well, that was interesting. I probably shouldn't of had the whisky and the beer together."

I smiled. "There is actual beer and whiskey in the muggle world. But I think root beer is the best."

He glanced at me. "What is root beer?"

This time I looked at him in disbelief. "Um, it's a kind of soda." He nodded, but I could tell he didn't understand. I laughed and shook my head. "Least you're not drunk. We have school tomorrow." He smiled and agreed.

We soon came to the wall. "Thank you, George. That was fun." I walked into the common room, but turned around and gave George a hu

Harry's POV

I woke up with a massive headache. I moved my hand to my head, groaning. "Are you okay?" I looked up and saw Olivia there. I nodded as Madame Pomfrey walked over to us.

"You're free to go, Harry. But Olivia will need to help you along." She looked over at Olivia, who nodded at her order.

Olivia held onto my arm as we walked back to the common room. "Scurvey cur." she said quietly once we were infront of the portrait.

He frowned but let us in. "How do you know the password?" I asked her.

"Fred and George took me in here last night after you took the sleeping drought." she explained.

I nodded and crawled through the hole. I saw Hermione and Ron sitting on the couches and headed over there. The twins were also talking to them. "Harry, how did you know he password?" Ron asked.

Before I could answer Olivia cut in. "If a certain pair of twins take someone to their common room, they should really cover the person's ears."

Fred laughed, sitting back in the chair. "Now why would we do that, buttercup? We knew you would be with Harry. You would have to tell him it."

She smiled and went to sit by Ron. She started a conversation with him while I talked to Hermione, but while Olivia was talking, George came and picked her up. "Whoa, what are you doing?" she demanded.

"You need to leave."

She scowled. "And why can't you tell me that like a normal person? I can walk."

He shrugged. "Why would I do it like regular person? Regular people are so boring." I chuckled as he carried her out of the room.

I turned back to see Hermione smiling. "Well that was interesting." she said as Percy came through the hole.

"Okay, who let the Slytherin in here? I saw her come out, so I know it was one of you people." I looked back and Ron wasn't looking at his brother. He was looking at the fire. He could never face someone when he was guilty, and Percy noticed that.

"Ron, what did you do?" he asked sternly as he came over to us. Ron turned bright red and looked up at him.

"It wasn't me, it was Fred and George." Percy sighed and went back out the hole. When he was gone Hermione frowned.

"He was very angry. And I don't think it had anything to do with Olivia."

George's POV

I took Olivia back to her common room, but halfway there she wiggled out of my arms and started to walk next to me. "Why do you always pick me up?" she asked.

I shrugged. "It's fun to mess with you." I said as I messed with her hair.

She laughed and moved my hands away. “Well, can you at least warn me before you do it?” I sighed but nodded. I’ll probably just give her a second’s heads up.

The rest of the way I asked her about her friends back in America. She explained how out of all 5 of them, only one was a girl. “You know how people are considered geeks, or freaks? Well, that’s what we were. We were just plain weird. We were so random and hilarious, you never knew what was going to happen next. I overheard someone talking about us once, and the person said even though we were all lookers, they wouldn’t be caught dead with us. Which was fine with me. I didn’t like the people anyway. That was a few years ago. As we got into 7th grade, we were one of the most popular people in the school. Everyone wanted to be friends with us, but we stayed together, didn’t get to cocky, but I kept everyone in order. Without me there this year, I don’t know what going to happen.” She shook her head.

I could tell she really missed them. “Are you going home for the Christmas holidays?” I wondered out loud.

She shrugged. “I really miss them. But if I go home, they’ll find a way to make me stay.” We got to her common room again, but this time she just walked in, saying bye as she passed. I stood there for a minute, thinking about what happened, when I heard someone coming. I hid around the corner and looked to see who it was.

Malfoy was coming with his cronies behind him. “I’ll find a way for Potter to be with me, Crabbe. But she can identify love potions. What am I supposed to do now? Why can’t she just like me like every other Slytherin girl does?” The idiots just shrugged.

That’s surprising, they don’t have an answer. “Well, I’ll just try a potion. Maybe it will work. I can do it when she’s distracted or something.” They nodded and Goyle took out a snack from his pocket. He stuffed it in his mouth as they entered the room. Once the door was shut, I came back around. I have to warn Olivia.