-NOT A ONE SHOT!-

Hello! I really should start writing the requests... but writers block decided to hit me in the face :[

So I found this story on my computer that I wrote for a contest in school a few months ago! I hope you enjoy it :)

Tragic Escape

In this world, some live with fortune and take it for granted, while others are born with tragedy and despair. Some people live long, contented lives, while others live just to get their deaths over with.

May 17th, 2018

Tokyo, you'd think it was very busy and most places there would be buildings. But, there was a place that nobody ever knew about. A place nobody would ever think would be in such a place. It was an underground facility. Yes, under the busy streets of Tokyo. To be honest, I thought it was pretty absurd, and there are a lot of people in Tokyo, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people stumbled upon this place. This, sadly, is exactly what happened to me. Before I get carried away, whether you're the police, or just some random stranger, my name is Chiyori Geist, and if you're reading this, I was probably exterminated by them. I was being careless, and wandering the streets late at night. I walked past an alleyway, and I heard screams. Being the stupid person I am, I had my phone ready and dialed 9-1-1 for the most extreme case. I walked along the side of the path, as slowly as possible. At the end of the passage, was a door. Who in their right mind would put a door there, I thought. Being curious as I am, I opened it, and walked down the stairs. First, there's a door at the end of an alley, and now there are stairs?! Some psychopaths... It still bothers me, even after everything!

Okay, so when I reached the bottom of the stairs, the screams suddenly stopped, until, I heard a loud, blood-curdling screams. As freaked out as I was, I couldn't help myself from walking towards the screams. Hey, don't blame me, it's human nature! As I walked forward, the screams got louder and louder, I'm not kidding, it was enough to make me deaf! Then, I abruptly stopped, the path was at its end, and there was yet another door! Geez... these people need to learn where to put them! Anyways, you probably know the saying, "Curiosity killed the cat", right? Well, that fits this scenario to a t. I opened the door, and there, laid something beyond human sanity. Something I wish I could forget, even if it meant death. But, there laid, a girl, who looked about my age. She had long, disheveled white hair, and she was tied up to an examination table, her arms and legs were strapped down, and I'm guessing her mouth was recently taped to stop her screaming, to prevent people like me from discovering such a place. Her face and body looked pale, and there were cuts and bruises over her, and from the looks of it, she was injected with some purple liquid because there was a needle with some purple medicine inside it. There was a man standing beside her, he was very tall, and wore a lab coat. Suddenly, I felt a pang on the right side of my waist. The man turned to me, and said something, but I didn't hear anything because from what I know, the pain was caused by poison, because I blacked out right after.

I don't remember much after that, but all I do remember, is that I was also injected with the purple liquid. I saw that I wasn't strapped down, like that other girl. I knew that my legs were bruised brutally, but I got up anyways. Note to self, that was a terrible decision, and as stupid as I was, I still continued walking, but now that I actually think about it, that might've been the best decision I've made in the 19 years of my life. I opened the door as quietly as I could, although it was hard to push it open, I managed to open it nearly silently. I looked behind the door... And there was the body of the girl earlier... I wish I could've helped her, but I couldn't do anything at the time... I decided to bring her body so I could report it to the police, and expose this place to everyone. I found the door I came from to this place, but I was stopped by somebody covering my mouth and pulling me to a shadowed area. I remember the voice crystal clear, it was very soft and gentle, kind of like the calm wind on an autumn day... the voice said to stay still and be quiet, so I did what she said. I soon knew why she told me that, the man in the lab coat came from another door, probably searching for her. He didn't find her but he headed towards where I was.

"Hurry, he'll find us soon, leave the body here, we can't afford to lose our lives now!" the lady said as she escorted me to a secret entrance. To leave the body and live a bit longer... or to save at least one life... I still feel bad about it... but I decided to abandon the body. As we walked into the entranceway, there was a light, it was very dim, but I could still make my way through. I saw the girl more clearly, long tied pink hair, white shirt and a yellow skirt... She looks familiar... But even now, I don't know why... She soon asked me if I was injected with the purple liquid, which is apparently called "Coniumousus" or something. She told me that she didn't get injected, but she was at the laboratory for a while, but they never experimented on her...

The passage was very spacious, although it felt like we were going in circles. To break the silence, she introduced herself as Yume. Of course, I also told her my name. But, without warning my head started to bang, and I heard a very high pitched noise. Yume told me that was normal after the purple liquid was injected. She also told me that researchers from the lab will find me soon, because the purple liquid contains a tracking system, and they give each of their 'experiments' a code. And like I wrote earlier, they probably found me...

And of course, due to my body being weak, I fainted again, and everything was a blur, and I just woke up a few minutes ago. But, I discovered that the researchers found Yume, and I don't know if she's alive or not, but I know that she hid me... To save me... And I really want to get out of this place and return to my normal life, continue writing my novels... But I know that's not possible... I don't know the route out, without Yume, I don't know where to go... I shouldn't have taken life for granted, I thought that life was simply something that's given to you, and you eventually die, but... the other people who were experimented on... They probably think differently.

I hear footsteps... I think they're here... I don't think I have much time left to continue writing, but to you, whoever's reading this, please, find this place and save everyone else, and the last thing, they have-

"Coniumousus"  pronounced con-ee-you-mow-sus - it's a made up word, I think I just searched up poison on google and it said "Conium" and I thought, "lemme add a mousus to make it sound science-y" XD

UPDATED ON: 7/26/15 1:18 PM