8-Interrogation

I woke up to the sound of whispering voices, but in my half-awake state I thought nothing of it. My eyelids slowly slide open and I stretch my arms above my head, sighing contentedly when my muscles relax and grow less stiff from sleep. 

I reach up my hands to rub the sand out of my eyes and slowly become aware of the now silent room.
Suddenly, memories come flooding in and my eyes shoot open.
Arms.
Hands.
My eyes flicked up, scanning the area around me. The dark walls were illuminated by a soft orange glow, the same light furnishings surround me. Lastly, my eyes fell upon the group of people staring at me with guarded and curious gazes.

"...Damn... It wasn't a dream."
I ran a hand through my hair as my heart starts racing again and feel as my hands tremble slightly with the images of blood and red clouds flashing across my mind.

I hear someone step closer, and my breathing almost stops altogether. I clench my eyes shut and take a deep breath, then return my gaze to the strange people surrounding me.
My emerald eyes meet onyx as they find Itachi's numbing gaze. He stands closer to me than the rest; he's the one who took a step forward. I shift my gaze slightly as the rest walk out. 

"Who, and what are you?" His deep voice is more serious and menacing than it had been in the past.
His stern voice and uncaring eyes fill my mind with memories of all the cruel people I've encountered, both inside and outside of the orphanage I grew up in.
It's the kind of voice that I've taught myself to never take shit from.

"Misaki, and I'm..." I faltered remembering my odd cat transformation, "...human." I finally settled on.

"How did you turn into a cat?" 

"I have no idea," my voice almost a mumble. 

His eyes harden with distrust. 

"You have chakra, are you a ninja?"

My eyelids narrow in confusion, and I instinctually raise an eyebrow in a questioning manner.
Ninja? Like those masked guys that do karate in the movies?

"What the hell is chakra? And no I'm not a ninja," I reply in a frustrated tone, my voice increasing in volume. I'm starting to get impatient with all of these questions, since I have so many scratching and clawing at the edge of my mind. 

"Where are you from? What village sent you?" 

"I'm from the streets of New York City, nobody sent me," my eyebrows furrow deeper and deeper as this interrogation continues. 

What do they think they're going to get out of this? What more can I say?

"Why are you here?" 

My mind was already in a panic, and these questions aren't helping. 

"What the fuck do you w-want me to say? I have no idea how I got here, why the hell I turned into a cat, where I am, and I have no damn r-reason for being here, so why don't you tell me," I seethed, subconsciously getting up from the bed and facing Itachi, eye to eye. 

His eyes narrowed before turning the same scarlet color as the red clouds on his cloak. My eyes couldn't leave his and suddenly my gaze seemed to shift. His eyes blinked in confusion for the first time since I've met him. 

"If you don't know anything... then how'd you know to do that?" his voice came out quieter but just as deep and accusatory. 

It was my turn to blink in confusion. 

"Do what?" 

He shut the lights off ... but... 

I could still see. 

"...This, kitten," Itachi held a mirror in front of me. 

"... Holy Shi--" 

And then I blacked out.