Eli glared back at his twin, "That was before I realised what a ridiculous idea it is."

Ethan didn't get a chance to respond when Hercules spoke, "Let's just go for a run," He spoke gruffly. "You've forced me out of bed, we might as well as do something." He took off before either of the twins could argue back. Sighing, Eli ran to follow Hercules, Ethan sulking as he reluctantly began to jog to catch up.

"I don't see why we couldn't just fight," He muttered. Both Hercules and Eli groaned, turning around to shout simultaneously;

"Will you just SHUT UP!?"

~

When Anya woke, the pack was quiet. She was alone, Zeus' side of the bed still warm. She turned around, checking the time to see that it was half eight, a frown on her face. Forcing her body from the bed, she moved towards the bathroom to have a wash and get dressed. After cleaning up and pulling some leggings on with a long top, she moved to make the bed, before placing the shirt she slept in, in the washing basket.

After she was done, she bit her lip, frowning.

Something is wrong, her wolf whispered.

Anya chewed at the inside of her cheek, before moving towards the door. As soon as she opened the door, a wolf ran past, Anya taking a step back in shock as they rushed down the stairs.

The hospital. Go to the hospital.

Anya began to panic, running down the stairs and out of the pack house. She sprinted across the clearing, moving towards the hospital, instantly greeted with chaos. Zeus stood outside a room, which Anya assumed to be Ares' room. His eyes flashed towards her apologetically, before he turned back towards the room.

Her eyes widened as multiple wolves dashed in and out of Ares' room, Zeus pushing past them as he entered the room, Anya staying outside to allow the healer wolves to pass by. One wolf ran past her, a handful of bloody sheets in their hands. Anya breathed quietly as Helios emerged from the room, trying to calm Athena who was shouting back at him.

"He's my mate!" She screamed, Anya wincing as Helios looked at Athena with a sorrowful look on his face. "You can't keep me away from him!" She shoved her hands against Helios' chest, the healer surprisingly staying put, despite his small frame, as he grabbed a hold of the she-wolf's arms.

"You need to calm down. You're not helping him in any way by shouting at me," He spoke calmly, his demeanour unphased by Athena cursing at him. "I have to go, he needs me," He said, letting go of Athena and turning round to walk back inside the room.shutting the door behind him.

Anya stepped forward, Athena spinning around to face her. "Oh god, I didn't see you there," She mumbled, her eyes red and swollen, Anya frowning at her. "Ares..." She trailed off, biting her trembling bottom lip as she blinked back fresh tears. "They're saying he might die."

Anya stared at her. "What?" She said, her voice loud as she felt her heart race inside her chest, her eyes wide with shock. "Wh-What happened?" She asked, moving closer to Athena to look inside the small window of the door, a frenzy of wolves working together to try and save Ares. Anya watched as Zeus stood at the head of Ares' bed, holding his head still, Anya's eyes clamping shut as the healer wolves fought to keep Ares' convulsing body still.

Athena let out a choked sob, Anya's arms wrapping around her friend and pulling her in for a hug. The girls remained silent, the only noises coming from Ares' room as the healer wolves shouted orders at each other, their voices strained as they fought to keep Ares still.

Suddenly, the girls heard footsteps, turning to see Artemis, Apollo, Sally and Hermes running towards them. Trailing behind, Pan made sure not to get too close to his mate in order to not cause suspicion. However, as he got closer, Anya flashed him a small smile, which he returned gratefully.