Ten

Zeus
| ten |

As Zeus and his wolves busied themselves over the weekend, preparing for their trip to France, they had failed to remember about the man who was still lying in their morgue. Anya had remained in the hospital, stubbornly refusing to talk to her mate, which gave her a lot of time to think about her family.

She wanted to return home, but she knew that no amount of fighting would change her mate's mind; the Alpha blood running through his veins made him as stubborn as a mule.

But whilst Anya was sulking upstairs, Hercules was downstairs, avoiding her at all costs. More than one, Ares had told him that he was a fool, that he shouldn't have got in between their Alpha and his mate, to which - on more than one occasion - Hercules had stormed off. Artemis had been checking on Apollo who was now refusing to talk to Athena, who had locked herself in her bedroom.

And as Iris stood in front of the pack house, she did not like it one bit. Many times, she had contemplated approaching the younger wolves, including the hot headed Alpha, but many times she had given up, too tired to try. The past few days had been a whirlwind of emotions; bringing up the past had drained her.

Iris turned on her heel, walking in the direction of the pack hospital. Anya was the only one who was in no position to run away from confrontation.

Barging into the hospital, Iris made her way up the stairs to Anya's private room, not bothering to knock as Anya jumped in her bed. "Stay where you are, Missy," She ordered as the younger wolf attempted to move from the bed. Iris sat by Anya's feet, her face hardened by determination. "You need to fix things."

Anya stared at her, bewildered, "How-?"

Iris cut her off, "That boy is downstairs, driving himself mad about this idea of going to France." She pointed a finger at Anya, who bit the inside of her cheek, a pang of guilt rushing through her; Artemis and Athena had made it their business to keep her up to date with the plan. "He cares for you, and he's doing everything he can to make sure you live. You need to talk to him."

Anya sighed, growing frustrated. "He banned Hercules from seeing me. He wont let me go home-"

"This is your home," Iris said darkly. "You belong here now." Anya blinked, fighting back tears as her bottom lip wobbled.

"I just want to see my parents," She sobbed, Iris immediately moving to pull the girl in for a hug. "He killed my uncle, I have to know that they're okay. I don't even know where here is!" She shouted in frustration, hot, angry tears rolling down her flushed cheeks. Iris nodded in understanding.

"But Zeus wants nothing more than to protect you. You think he's doing this to punish you?" Anya remained silent, Iris taking hold of her hands. "He loves you."

Anya's looked up at her, a shocked expression on her face. "No." Iris refused to back down.

"You are angry. You may not see it now, but one day, you will. Just give him a chance." Iris smiled warmly at her, standing from the bed. "He leaves in the evening to go to France, you had better talk to him before he goes."

Anya did not speak as Iris turned around and left, leaving the tired girl to her thoughts.

~

A few hours later, Zeus stood before her, his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes bored into her. Anya fidgeted on the bed, before moving to stand on one leg, her arms reaching out to grab the crutches that Helios had given her. Zeus stepped forward to help her, ignoring her body tensing before she grasped a hold of his arm to balance herself before slipping her arms into the crutches.