Eleven

Zeus
| eleven |

To say that Zeus was furious would be an understatement. And as Ares stood before his Alpha, Hercules actually feared for his life. Trying to lighten the mood, Hercules stepped in between the wolves, blocking Ares from Zeus' view.

"Hey, don't kill the messenger," He jokes, putting a hand on his brother's shoulder. Zeus shot him a dark look, to which Hercules raised his hand in surrender. A tense moment passed, Hercules clearing his throat as he looked back at Ares, "Who told you this?" He asked, his voice calm.

Ares blinked, "The boarder patrol had spotted another wolf - not from our pack - and he warned them. They were trying to mind link you, but both of you had us blocked." Although strong and trained to be a hunter, Ares knew that in a fight, he was no match against Zeus. "They tried to stop it, but it rushed off onto the other side of the boarder."

Zeus growled. "They cannot touch us," He spat. "Those bastards have hell to pay."

Without another word, he took off after the hospital, leaving behind his brother who looked at Ares sympathetically. "Just get the rest of the bags in the truck, it's fine." Ares nodded his head respectfully, before rushing back inside the building.

Zeus barged into Anya's room, the noise awakening her, her eyes wide as she stared at her mate. She moved to sit up, but Zeus shook his head, barking, "Stay still." Anya flinched at his tone but did as he ordered. "You know, your pathetic excuse of a pack are trying to threaten me?" He laughed humourlessly, "They are declaring war upon us!" Anya did not speak, her lack of response infuriating Zeus more, "You want to go back to them!? Fine, fuck off then! We would have a lot less drama without you!" He bellowed, before slapping a hand over his mouth, taking a step towards his mate who felt her heart crumble. Silent tears ran down her face as she blinked at him, unmoving. Her wolf pined inside her, scraping to be let out, but Anya fought against her, ignoring her pleas to forgive their mate.

The two stared at each other, Zeus panting as he watched her raise a hand to wipe her tears from her cheeks, her face hardening as she glared up at him. "You are a heartless bastard, Zeus. I wish I never met you."

Zeus took a step back, his wolf roaring inside of him, whining at him to move closer to her. Zeus clenched his jaw, "Well your pack must wait at least two months after declaring war, before they are legally allowed to attack; it's the way of our law." He spoke quietly, his voice flat as he looked at her. "After I find this cure, which I will," He paused, watching as she stared at him blankly. "You may leave and return to your old pack." He turned to the door, his hand on the handle, already pulling it ajar.

Anya felt sick, "You are rejecting me?" She asked, watching as Zeus turned back to face her.

"You do not want to be here; you are the one who is rejecting me," His voice broke at the end of his sentence, turning around and leaving her alone.

You are a fool. Go after him!

Anya ignored the little voice in her head, her heart feeling as if it was smashed into pieces. She turned on her side, pulling the quilt over her head as she silently sobbed into her pillow, her wolf howling with sadness.

~

Zeus stormed out of the hospital, and made his way over to the pack house, a dark look on his face. Noticing his brother's concerned expression, he snapped, "Don't even start," before throwing open the truck door and getting into the drivers side, slamming the door shut behind him. Hercules watched as Ares, Athena and Iris, got into the truck, another truck being filled with Zeus' best pack fighters.

Stepping closer to his brother's door, Hercules waited for Zeus to wind down the window, before speaking. "Don't worry, I'll take care of her," Flashing his brother a reassuring smile, although he had heard their heated argument.