Twenty-Three

Zeus 
| twenty-three | 

The air grew awkward as Pan's eyes met Anya's. The Luna had practically begged Apollo to meet his mate, but now that she was finally stood before him, she had no idea what to say. Her eyes remained on his until Apollo let out a sound of frustration. 

"Are you guys going to speak or not?" 

Anya blinked up at him, before returning her eyes to Pan. "H-Hi...?" She said, her greeting sounding more like a question. "Sorry, this is so weird..." 

Pan's eyebrows raised, his lips pursing for a moment before he spoke quietly, "You don't like the fact that I'm gay?" He asked, his voice guarded, although Apollo could sense his mate's panic. Anya's eyes widened in shock. 

"Oh god, no!" She exclaimed. "That's not what I meant at all! I just mean that its unheard of; I've never met a wolf that was mated to someone from the same gender." 

Apollo glared down at her, "You hear of humans being gay all the time. Why is it so different for us?" Anya bit her lip, Pan turning towards his hot headed mate. 

"She kind of has a point. It's rare to see a guy mated to another man," He said, his voiced sounding dejected. Apollo grumbled something under his breath, the dark look still fixed onto his features. Both Anya and Pan looked at him, watching as he walked away from them, before he came to a stop a few feet away from them. Pan whispered to Anya, "Ever since we found out we were mates, he's had trouble coming to terms with it." 

Anya frowned, "He doesn't like being gay?" 

Pan shook his head, "No. He's just so obsessed with what other people will think of him. Whether we'll be accepted." The two remained silent for a moment as a snap! sounded throughout the clearing. The wolves turned towards the noise, their hearts racing as they listened. Apollo mumbled a curse as a small rabbit hopped through the clearing, Anya and Pan watching as he glared down at the small rodent. 

A low growl escaped Apollo's mouth, the rabbit freezing on the spot before its tiny body hopped back into the trees, disappearing from their sight. 

"We hadn't exactly thought about being gay before we found out we were mated..." Pan trailed off as he stared at his mate who was now kicking at some leaves on the ground. Anya nodded slightly as she smiled. Pan furrowed his blonde eyebrows, Apollo grumbling as he made his way over to them. 

"I hope you know that you are both shit at whispering. I could hear everything you said," He muttered, standing beside his mate as they both faced Anya. 

"Have you thought about telling Zeus yet?" Anya asked, ignoring the expression on Apollo's face turning darker. Pan ran a hand through his curls, before glancing towards Apollo, his mouth opening to answer the Luna. 

"I tried to convince him. But he won't have anything to do with it," Pan sighed, suddenly aware of the heated glare on his mate's face. 

Apollo scoffed. "I've grown up with these people, you think their opinion of me won't change once they find out?" He narrowed his eyes, glaring towards his mate. "Some people have already know of my sexual preference. And trust me, it's not a good thing." He turned towards his mate. "So sure, go and run off to tell Zeus, but I'm sure as hell that I won't be joining you," He spat. And with that, he turned on his heel and stormed off. 

Anya turned to Pan. 

"Well that went well." 

Hercules sat alone as he brought a spoonful of mashed potato to his mouth. He ate outside, away from the rest of the pack as he forced himself to chew and swallow. A dark look made its way onto his face as he watched a couple of wolves play fight.