Chapter 8: Rivalry Game

Start from the beginning

Tobin's POV

The atmosphere of the whole game was pretty intense. It seemed like literally the whole town came to see this rivalry. It was also pretty neat to play under the lights too.

In the first few minutes, you could tell that it was going to be a long game. Our defense held strong until we allowed a corner kick. Perfectly served, Sinclair heads the ball into the goal, scoring first for her team. Minutes later, they strike again, this time scoring off a defensive break down.

At halftime, coach was furious, everybody had their head down and were pissed. Even though we were down by two goals, we were ready to make a comeback.

In the first few minutes of the second half we were handling the ball pretty well. Then, Heather gets the ball up the right wing and sends in an amazing cross. Syd and Alex weren't able to get it but Lauren was able to get a foot on it and volley it into the net.

The stands go crazy as we finally score, but that quickly changes when a few minutes they score yet again. Still, we weren't going to give up just yet.

Nearing the last 20 minutes of the game, Kling passes the ball up to me. I only had one defender near me so I take her head on. She charges towards me. I fake her out, making her think I was cutting towards the middle when I head straight up the sideline. I look to my right to see Alex and Sydney in the box, one defender on Alex so I pass it to Syd.

Syd get the ball, pulling the defender off of Alex, which allows her to make a run into open space. Syd tries to make a move around the defender but the defender literally tackles Syd down, clearly a foul. However, Syd somehow makes a pass to Alex, who is one v one against the goal keeper. The goalie runs out, pressuring Alex. Alex remaining calm, quickly gets around the goalie and scores.

Everyone runs to her to celebrate until we realize Syd is still on the ground, clutching her ankle. The trainers come out to carry her off, Christen coming into the game.

Christen immediately makes an impact. After five minutes of play, she gets a loose ball on the right side of the field and takes it all the way to the net and scores, tying the game.

After that, our defense gets it together, totally shutting down the offense. The refs add two minutes to the game and coach wants us to just keep possession of the ball, satisfied with a tie but I knew we could still win it.

The other team's defense was tired and you could tell. Once we got possession of the ball, we pass around the team. One minute left. I knew we had to make a play.

Lauren passes me the ball and I look up and see Alex streak up the middle. I smile to myself as I perfectly chip the ball over towards Alex. Once she settled it down to her feet, she explodes towards the net, defenders chasing her. Right before she enters the box, the ball leaves off her left foot... and finds all net.

The stands erupt, knowing that Alex Morgan has scored the game winning goal.

After the Game...

"I'm so proud of you Lex. You played a hell of a game today," I say to Alex as we leave the locker room and head towards the parking lot.

She smiles before pulling me into an embrace. "You did amazing as well," she says as we share a kiss.

We keep walking to her car until we hear somebody clear their throat. We quickly pull away to see Servando. Oh great.

He had a bouquet of flowers in his hands as he greeted us.

"Hello Alex, Tobin," he says as I just roll my eyes.

"What do you want?" I ask clearly annoyed. Alex shoots me a look.

" Nothing from you, I just wanted to tell Alex that's she did wonderful today and I wanted to give Alex these," and he hands her the flowers. I raise an eyebrow when Alex's smile widens.

"Oh gosh thank you so much!" She says as she hugs Servando tight. Oh how it made me so sick. Once they finally pulled away from the hug, Alex says that her parents were waiting for her and she had to go.

Once she leaves, it's just me and Servando. He just smirks.

"Hey Heath, you better watch out before she figures out that she doesn't need you. Then she will come crawling to me," He says as I just laugh coldly.

" Keep dreaming Carrasco, because no one can come between Alex and I," I say before leaving him behind in the middle of the parking lot, stunned.

************************************
A/N- next chapter will be all Talex so stay tuned!
Don't forget to comment, vote and follow!