Seventh

My Zaira Leigh,

I should've love you like I am going to lose you. Hindi naman kasi nawala ang pagmamahal ko sa 'yo, asawa ko. Nabalot lang ng galit at poot ang isip ko at hindi ko 'man lang namalayan na sa pagdaan ng araw at taon ay unti-unti ka nang nawawala sa akin. God already wants you to rest but you keep on resisting Him. You want to stay by our sides and bear all the pain that we brought to you.

Pero... Zaira naman, bakit biglaan?

I was caught off guard when Larzene called me with her crying voice. She sounded like she is going to lose someone that is really important to her. My body system shut down and left all my works at the office immediately. My heart was beating so fast at that time and my nervousness was killing me...

//-----//

My phone rang and was about to say 'Hello' when-- "Dad?!" Napatayo ako sa boses ng anak ko. I suddenly stopped what I'm doing and concentrated on her.

"What's wrong, Larzene Faye?"

Her breathing was irregular now. Parang naghahabol ng hininga. "Dad, I thought Lexus contacted you already?" She sobbed and that makes me listen to her more. "Mom was just busy cooking lunch when I just suddenly heard her screaming. Dad, she... she... Mom w-was bleeding!"

A tear rolled down from my eye. "Where are you?!" Lumabas na ako sa aking opisina at tarantang pinaharurot ang sasakyan ko saka nilisan na ang building.

"In our family hospital, Dad. Please! Hurry!" I ended the call.

I parked my car and immediately got out and went inside the hospital. My heart was incredibly racing.

"Zaira Del Valle," I uttered at the lobby.

"Room 310, Sir. Third floor."

I immediately ran, took the stairs, and never bother who I am going to bump into.

"DAD!" My daughter ran to me and hugged me tight. "Dad, please tell me... Mommy is not going to leave us right? Right?"

"Never, my precious one," I said, comforting her. If there is one thing that I will hold on to... That is prayer and my faith to Him.

She faced me and I wipe her tears away. "Dad, did you know that Mom is sick?"

I silently shook my head in return. "Why? What did doctors said?"

Her mouth opened but the doctors already went out. "Mr. Del Valle?" I attended to the doctor. "Your wife was now being transferred to a private room." She tapped my shoulder. "Please convince her to do the operation already.

//-----//

I was so nervous at that time my wife. I started imagining things what would happen if I'm going to lose you, the kids, and the life I will have without you...

...and it's happening up until the day you left us. This is so painful yet, I deserve it. I was completed because of you and now emptied because of my foolishness.

--X.M. Del Valle