Second

My Zaira Leigh,

It felt so cold, waking up with no one beside you. No smile that I can encounter when I immediately woke up. No office clothes that I can pick-up in front of our closet. No sweet greetings — none. It felt empty, laying down on the bed with no warmth of yours. No one can complete my mornings and how I cope up with today. It felt lonely, needing someone to talk to every night.

Did you feel the same years ago too, wife?

Sweet kisses from you can complete my mornings, hugs to make me feel you are just there, waiting for me. Meaningful eyes that can already tell me billions of sweet and romantic words that were straight from your heart. Soft hands that comforts me every time I am in my downfall and troubled times. Precious ears to hear me out...and at the end of the day, loving each other.

 When will I be able to experience those again, wife? 

 I am missing you more each and every day. I want to feel your warmth, your beautiful voice, your...everything. But as you have said in your letter, I should've have the children be my priority.

Yes, I always do.

—X.M. Del Valle

I took a deep breath and took one of the picture frame in my office table. I smiled genuinely when I first met her sparkling eyes — pure joy. "Wife, make me see you again, please? Just like what you did the other night," I begged.

I don't know why but it was surreal. And I want more of it.

Umiling nalang ako. Paniguradong hindi mangyayari ulit 'yon. "Xander..." I stopped breathing.

I exhaled and turned around, I stood up and smiled. "Don't disappear quickly, please," I plead.

She smiled and a tear rolled down from my eye. I miss seeing that smile. "I love you...I love you."

"Zaira...my wife..." I sobbed.