Chapter twenty-three

"Thank you for the dinner"

"I'm glad I'm usually the one to say that"

I smiled towards his direction grabbing my keys out off my bag "I should go I'm heaps busy with work I'll try and make more time to see you and help you but right now my plate is full" I said closing my tired eyes then opening them back to knock myself out sleepiness.

"Do you want me to walk you to your car" I could see he was worried like mother duckling not sure if she should send her little baby duck to cross the road yup I was the little baby duck and I need more than a walk to my car I need to someone to drive me oh the agony.

"I'll drive here give me your keys"

"I'm good to go" I said walking tired around the table knocking probably my own chair on the table next to me glad it was empty otherwise I'd get really harsh death glares.

"Mia you nearly knocked your chair down let me please return a favor"

"No all good I'm fine" I was walking towards the door and instead of pushing it I was pulling it like an idiot.

"Oh wow you seriously need someone to drive you home"

"I'm fine"

"You pulled a push door"

"Come on I didn't see that coming" I reasoned but was a really terrible reason but I said it no going back, I reached my car and threw myself at it hugging it like a crazy person.

"Mia for heaven's sake let me drive you" he chuckled which I rather found harsh come on I'm not such a sleepy head its probably because I didn't take my medication.

"Can you show me around I don't know this area well enough" I pointed at my navigator in front. I was glad he worked his way around I was soon home.

"Easy here let me walk you to your door" I was glad he opened the door for me because my brain was clouded.

"Thank you and I'm sorry"

"No need to thank me" just like that he walked leaving me there in the darkness

Men.

I threw my sleepy self on my bed and just dosed off into a deep slumber which was amazing, my bed felt warm so soft I savored the moment closing my eyes dreaming of beautiful things and places it was like I was in happy land not that happy existed in real life but in dreams anything was possible when I meant possible I meant the things you wish you could be able to do. If I ever had the 'best day' today would be it in my dreams.

"Duckies..hi little ducklings....nice to meet you" I murmured in my sleep before I heard a sound vibrate through the entire room.

[phone rings]

"Well who the idiot could that be" I reached for it pressing the green button to pick up.

"I'm effing sleeping who's this"

"That's not how you welcome your sisters fiancee"

"If I didn't know any better that red head got you pretty bad"

"Did I ever tell you you're sexy when you're feisty"

"You don't need to remind me thank you very much I don't need you or anyone to complement me on my appeal"

"No you're right you don't that's why I like you so much Mia"

"Listen I really appreciate it if I got some sleep"

"Oh dear I'm interrupting something aren't I"

"You think" I hotly retorted becoming flustered there goes my beautiful day or night or whatever.

"Hell with you blue eyes"

"And have a nice snooze yourself" I heard him chuckle which I hanged up on from frustration.

Paul I swear I'll get you for this you just wait and see just wait and see.