Chapter 27

Miranda's POV

I wasn't going to ask my mom to come because she would just start shit so I just asked my dad and Jack.

I put on a pair of jeans a white tank top and a flannel. I did my makeup, concealer, mascara and cat-eye eyeliner. Just to spice it up a bit. "Ready to go?" I asked my dad and Jack as I walked down the stairs.

"Yupp, sure am." Jack smiled.

We drove over to the Dolan's house. We walked up to the front door and I rang the door bell.

"Hey." Grayson said smiling as he opened the door.

"Hey." I bit my lip.

"Come in guys. We are just all in the kitchen." Grayson said closing the door behind us.

"Mr. Dail." Nancy said in shock, "I didn't know Miranda was your daughter."

"Well she is." He laughed.

"Hey! Jack!" Ethan smiled giving Jack a bro hug.

Paige was here too, with her mom and dad, so I sat next to her. "Do you know why she invited us all?" I whispered.

"No idea. But it'll be fun." She smiled.

We sat down and started to eat.

"So Miranda mind explaining to me what actually happened to your arm?" Nancy scowled.

"Mom!" Grayson shouted.

"Sit down!" She yelled, "Miranda what happened to your arm?"

"I already told you!" I scoffed.

"You told me a lie! What happened to your arm?" She screamed standing up.

"Fine you want the truth?" I looked over at Grayson, "Grayson wasn't with me! It was just me! I was being a teenager and wanted to know what was over a fence! So I climbed it and fell! Better?" I yelled.

"Miranda I think we should go." Grayson said standing up.

"You're not going anywhere. Sit down!" Nancy yelled at Grayson.

"Don't yell at him!" I said slamming my fist on the table.

"Don't tell me how I should talk to MY child!" She screamed back.

"Nancy! That's enough!" Grayson's dad said pushing her back down into her seat.

"We should go." My dad said looking at me and Jack.

"I couldn't be more happier to leave." I spat looking at Nancy.

*a few hours later*

I received a text from Grayson.

(G=Grayson Me=Miranda)

G: thanks for lying for me ❤️

Me: no problem. I didn't want you getting in shit.

G: no that's ok. I got myself in shit.

Me: how?

G: talking back to my mom. She sent me to my room. 😂

Me: sorry Gray

G: it's not your fault. She's missing who you really are.

Me: thanks Gray. I think I'm going to go to bed now tho text you in the morning💓

G: okay goodnight

I put my phone on my nightstand and fell asleep very fast.

-Paige