Chapter 17

Miranda's POV

I had yet another sleepless night, I was up thinking about the Nash situation.

I walked into school not even bothering to go to my locker and walked straight down to the locker rooms. I had gym first today, my sister is in my gym class for some reason she doesn't even do anything she just complains and bitchs.

I opened the door that lead to the locker area almost passing out because it smelt so bad. I threw on the gym uniform, blue shorts, white shirt with the schools name on it with my black and white Nikes.

Today was the cross country run and I was in so much pain from when I fell last night. My arm was swollen kind of like I broke it but I wouldn't know.
I see Grayson walk in I smile and he smiles too.

"Hey!" I chirp

"Hey what are we doing today?"

"Cross country." I say with excitement, he looked like he was going to cry.

"Why are you so happy about that?" He laughs a little.

"Cross country is the best thing about gym! Why do you think I run all the time!" He shakes his head with a silly smile.

"Oh your arm what did you do?" Gray asks concerned, I wince at the pain when he touched it.

"I don't know it's been like this since last night." I say, "I'll be fine." I smile a half smile.

"Uh no come with me." Grayson says grabbing my other arm and pulling me out of the gym.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to the hospital, what if your arms broke? It'd be my fault!"

"No it wouldn't have been it'd be mine because I was doing something stupid!" I whisper shout.

Our school was an hour away from the hospital so I don't know what he's thinking.

Grayson's POV

I knew the hospital was a long ways away but I was gonna call my sister after we get to the college down the street.

(C= Cameron G= Grayson)

G: Hey you busy?

C: no why?

G: can you pick me and Miranda up from the college and take us to the ER?
C: yeah on my way what happened?

G: thanks I'll tell you later.

Miranda gave me a 'you better not' look. "I'm not gonna tell her everything I'll just say you tripped or something..." all she did was nod and looked back down at her phone.

I saw Cameron turn into the parking lot, we started walking towards her. She smiled at Miranda, she smiled too. The car ride was silent.

Miranda and I got out of the car and went inside the hospital. I went up to the front desk the nurse looked at me "uh yeah um I think she broke her arm or something I don't know though."

"Oh okay her name?" The nurse asked

"Uh...come here" I say looking over to Miranda, slowly she walks over to me.

"Yeah?"

"What's your name?" She gives me a 'seriously' look. Miranda looks at the nurse and says
"Uh my names Miranda Nadeau..." I look at her and she looks at me.

"Alright thanks just go take a seat in that room over there." She says pointing towards the room in the middle of the ER. We nod and go.

A few minutes later a doctor came in.

"So a broken bone?" He asks looking at his chart.

"Yeah." Miranda was back on her phone again, she's either getting her self in shit or she's on her phone.

The doctor examined her arm and said, "yeah it's broke can you explain what happened?"

"You see we were out late last night and we were climbing a tree and on our way back down she fell." I explained, he looked at Miranda and said

"Oh so this happened last night? Why not come in last night then?" She sighed

"I don't know okay can you just put a cast on or what ever you do I have places to be right now!" She snapped, I don't blame her if I were getting questioned like that I would too.

"Okay sorry didn't want to make you mad we have to ask these questions." The doctor says in his defence.

He walks out and comes back in with everything he needs to fix her arm. "What colour?" He asked Miranda scanned the colours and said,
"grey." He nods and proceeds.

We left the hospital with our hands intertwined. Her's fits perfectly into mine like it was made just for me.

-Miranda