Amends

Rayna got a little nostalgic as she drove through Houston. It felt good to be home. She had to get away from Anthony after their last fight. As much as she wanted to resolve her relationship with Anthony, it was best if the two got some space between them. As much as she hated leaving things unfinished, somethings need time to settle. Earlier, she alerted her family that was going to be in town for awhile. Her first stop was her parents' house.

Her dad was waiting at the door for her. He welcomed her with a big hug and a warm smile.

"There's my baby girl." he said.

"I've missed you, Dad." she said returning the hug.

"Come on inside." Quinton said. Rayna walked in.

When she walked inside, Rayna still had a bit of an uncomfortable feeling. You couldn't really shake it but, her parents' house always felt like that. Simply because everywhere she stepped in the house, she got the bad, sour memories of Tyra.

"Can I get you anything?" Quinton asked.

"Just some water." Rayna said. "When do Maya and the twins get home? I wanna do something with them while I'm here."

"How long are you staying?" Quinton asked handing her glass of water.

"I don't know." Rayna shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Quinton said confused.

"I mean I might be staying for a week...maybe two." she said sipping the water.

"Is something wrong with you and Anthony's relationship?" he asked. "You can tell your dad anything, honey."

"We're just...I don't know." Rayna said getting teary eyed.

"Rayna's, what's wrong?" Quinton said.

"I thought I heard voices." Tyra said coming into the kitchen area. Rayna sighed but, was glad she didn't have to dive into the details of the declining relationship her and Anthony shared.

"Nice to see you too, Tyra." Rayna said

"You and Anthony got tired of each other already?" Tyra said trying to make a joke.

Rayna frowned at the comment.

"Tyra." Quinton said in a scolding tone.

"I was just joking." Tyra said trying to make a recovery.

"When will Maya be home?" Rayna said. "I wanna spend some time with her."

"Mmm. Well, she'll get here in an hour or so." Tyra said. "Since you're here, how about we have a girls' day. Me, you, Maya and Andrea."

"Hmm...I'll think about it." Rayna said coldly.

Tyra sighed. She really wanted to fix her relationship with her daughter but, sometimes it felt like Rayna really was shutting her out.

Rayna sat in Maya's room and joked around with her.

"That's better than what I used to do." Rayna laughed at Maya's story of her turning down a guy.

"What did you used to do?" Maya asked.

"I'd tell them I was gay." Rayna said.

Maya busted out laughing, banging on her desk and bouncing in her chair. A plastic bag fell of the desk. Maya dove for it and snatched it up.

"Maya?" Rayna said suspiciously.

Maya gave her an innocent look. Rayna snapped her fingers and held her hand out. Maya reluctantly handed her the bag of weed. Rayna examined the bag then looked at her sister.