chapter : twenty four

It has been a couple of weeks since Mani and Dinah got into that argument, Dinah's really tearing herself apart because of this. Whether or not Mani's still mad I wouldn't know, she's been eating lunch in the library and avoiding all of us. Even in our classes she's been giving us the cold shoulder, she's hasn't spoken to anyone. Literally, no one. She's been alone since then, not even taking comfort in other people. I'm worried about her. The only time we've hung out was when we had to practice the song we were doing for the showcase. She'll sing her parts flawlessly and the sessions go smoothly, but when one of us brings up the idea of going out she bolts put the room.

Dinah stills disappears when we're at school, she'll sneak away from us when we're not looking but now we know where to find her. She's still hurting because she and Normani aren't talking right now but I think Ms. Coleman is helping her through this. Mani will come around though, I'm sure she would.

"One more day!" Lewis said excitedly, we perform our song for Ms. Kelly and our class tomorrow and get our results on Friday. I was a bit scared, I've never performed for anyone.

"We practicing today?" Dinah asked.

"Of course we are, we need all the practice we can get." Ally said.

"I've got a game tomorrow though." Dinah pointed out. "I have some runs to go through then I'm gone after school."

"You think we'd practice through your game?" Lauren asked.

"Dinah, we'd never do that." Ally was probably Dinah's biggest fan when she's on the court.

"I finally get to see you play!" Lewis was busy the last two games.

"Is Haiz going?" he grinned at my question.

"Yeah, we're hanging out afterwards." Lewis and Haiz have been going out for a while, I'm not sure where they stand now.

"Speaking of." Lauren pointed behind Lewis.

"What's up guys?" Hailee wrapped her arms around Loo's neck from behind him.

"Talking about Dinah's game tomorrow." I answered. She smiled.

"Can't wait." Lewis held the hand that draped over his shoulder, it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I'm not sure if Lewis told Hailee about Ed being his godfather yet. If not, I hope he does.

"We need to get going Haiz." Lewis said. "The girls and I need to practice our showcase song."

"Oh," she pouted. "we're still hanging out this weekend?"

"Of course we are." she faced him.

"Good." with that she kissed his cheek, they instantly burned up after that.

"Oh god." Dinah groaned. "Get a room!"

"Oh shush." Ally swatted Her arm. "They're cute."

"I agree with Ally on that one." Lauren laughed.

"Same."

"Please," Dinah scoffed. "nothing is cuter than Camren." I rolled my eyes.

"You still live for Camren, dontcha?" I asked her.

"Girl, you don't even know!" she threw her hands up.

"You don't even want to see the girl when we do something even remotely cute for each other." Lauren told Hailee and Lewis.

"I've seen her." Lewis said. "She talks about Camren nonstop after something like that happens."

"Did you know..." Hailee got his attention. "I really love your accent?" Lauren and Dinah audibly groaned causing her face to light up.