chapter : twenty

"I'm sure they're fine." my mom eased me.

"I know, Lauren was really nervous before we got here." she smiled lovingly.

"That's so cute." she commented. "Where is she taking you?"

"I don't know, she wouldn't tell me." I remembered pestering her last night when I was messaging her. "She told Ally though." I grumbled.

"That's because she's our ride, Camz." Lauren walked into the room and hugged me, I searched her face for any sign of her previous nervousness. She looked fine, at ease even in front of my mom as she kissed my cheek. "Ready?" I nodded.
"You girls have a good time." Lauren smiled.

"I'll bring her back before curfew Mrs. Cabello." she said.

"No worries, just call me if you guys stay out later." my mom hugged us both. "And it's Sinu Lauren." the green eyed girl laughed.

"Why does Mila get to have fun with Lauren? I wanna go." Sofi crossed her arms over her chest.

"She's going on a date." Sofi's eyebrows creased.

"That's still not fair." she grumbled.

"I'll take you to get ice cream next week." Lauren promised.

"On a date?" she smiled sweetly, when Lauren turned to look at me Sofi smirked. I laughed and nodded.

"Sure thing little one." Sofi squealed. "But Camila and I have to go now."

"I'll see you guys later." I hugged Sofi and kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Be careful out there." my mom warned.

"We will." Lauren pulled me with her down the stairs, when we reached the bottom I noticed my dad wasn't there.

"Where is he?" she smiled.

"In the back yard."

"Still?" she nodded.

"I think he's more nervous about this than I am." I grabbed the bag I left by the door and followed her out.

"When's Ally supposed to be here?" I asked, Lauren looked down at her phone.
"She says right now actually." with that Ally pulled up.

"Get in losers." the small girl quoted. Lauren and I got in the back of her car, the familiar smell of Ally's air freshener filling my airwaves making me a bit nauseous. "So, how's life treating you?" she made small talk.

"Ally, we've literally just seen eachother a couple of hours ago." Lauren laughed.

"I know, I'm just nervous. The first Camren date, a lot of pressure for the driver." she admitted, making me laugh.

"Well, you're doing a good job. Watching the roads, checking your mirrors, and all while you maintain some good tunes. I'm impressed." I commented, she smiled smugly.

"I should be getting a tip then."

"You're paying her?" I asked Lauren.

"Just gas."

"You gentlewoman you." she blushed.

"I'm Batman." I burst out laughing.

"I'm the first Batman." she playfully glared at me.

"I will never get your guy's jokes." Ally looked at us through the rearview mirror while we waited at a red light, her features held amusement. I looked around, noticing the direction we were going. I kept my mouth shut though, thinking we might be headed somewhere else. When we pulled into the familiar street I spoke up.