chapter : twenty three

"I mean, it happened. It just wasn't that common." Laurie said, we were talking about Lauren and I.

"Did it bother you at all back then?" she shrugged.

"Not really, it was something that was just there. You know? It didn't apply to me so I didn't pay much attention to gays and stuff."

"Makes sense." I nodded. "What do you think of Lauren and I?" I grinned.

"I think you guys are good together." she admitted. "The only two people I know who can talk to me are also together, I don't think I've heard anything that sounds better." she smiled.

"Good," I laughed. "you'll be seeing a lot of us."

"I already see a lot of you guys!" she was laughing now. "I've seen you two happen before your friends seen you guys happen."

"You seen us?" what else had she seen? Oh god, I hope she wasn't watching last night. That would be so mortifying.

"Yes, after I left you two the night Lauren said her mom was a fan of me. I didn't really leave." she admitted. "I just vanished. I was still there, I just wasn't there."

"Of yeah, because that makes so much sense." her face screwed up.

"What I mean is I just veiled myself from you two." she thought for a second. "Like that invisibility cloak thing you read about." I cocked my head to the side.

"You've read Harry Potter?" if she were alive she would've blushed.

"There's nothing else to do while you're at school."

"How much have you read?" I was actually curious. "You've obviously gotten past Christmas in there."

"I'm on the second book," I laughed. "by the way your sister colored in the little picture on chapters three through seven."

"Sofi!" I slapped my palm on my forehead.

"She stayed in the lines?" I sat there grumbling over my book. My phone rang, playing my Girls by the 1975, it was Ally.
"What's up, Ally Cat?"

"Nothin' much, I just got out of work and I'm coming over."

"Now?" I looked over at Laurie.

"Yes, now! One moment...." she started yelling at someone off the phone about grandma's and licence renewals. "I'm back."

"What just happened?" I was a little worried. She shouldn't be driving while talking on the phone.

"Mr. Reynolds forgot his turn signal, no big deal."

"And you yelled at him?" she laughed.

"We cool like that."

"Know what? I'm gonna hang up before you hurt someone, or yourself, while driving." I went to hang up but she started yelling. "Ally? Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine, Mila. I just wanted to say that I expect dinner and maybe even a foot rub. Love ya!" with that she hung up. She's a weird one.

"So," Laurie said. "you always dance to your ringtones?"

"You did see last night!!" my face reddened.

"If it makes you feel any better, you're improving a bit?"

"I am?"

"No. Not in the slightest. Did that make you feel better?"

"I don't think I have been more embarrassed to be honest."