Decisions.

It's been a week since the being at a random house incident and Lydia has decided to keep her distance from the pack. She thought it'd be best to try and figure out what's wrong with her herself. But the nightmares have only gotten worse, along with the sleep walking. Her mom came home and is trying to take care of her but she doesn't exactly understand what's wrong.

Kira and Malia have tried coming over for a movie night but she just really hasn't felt like talking. Scott told her to text if she needs absolutely anything, but she hasn't yet. Stiles on the other hand isn't taking this whole distance thing very well, even if it's only been a week. He's the only one Lydia has talked to because if she didn't he'd go crazy. His words not hers.

After waking up on a Wednesday night at yet another random house, she decided it might be a good idea to check herself into Eichen House. Of course right after she thought of this idea she walked to Stiles' house because with her current state it's a bad idea to drive.

Finally arriving she knocks on the door suddenly feeling so small compared to the big oak door in front of her. Maybe it was a bad idea to come over, it is only 8:00 in the morning. Stiles might not be up yet he likes to sleep in on his days off.

Just as her thoughts start racing more the door opens to a worried Stiles. He hasn't seen her since the whole thing because she didn't feel like leaving her house. Now she's standing at his front door looking broken and suddenly tiny without her usual heels, but she's still beautiful of course.

"Lyds?" Confusion spreads across his features, but he steps back giving her room to walk into the house. "What're you doing here?"

"I-I, um wanted to talk." She walks over and sits down on his sofa that is usually vacant considering Stiles sits in his room most of the time and his dad is always at work. This is the place Stiles and Lydia sit sometimes and watch movies, slowly getting closer to eachother. Every once in a while they'd end up spooning on the small couch. But it was a normal gesture for the two.

"Okay." He takes a seat next to her and puts one of his legs over his other leg and holds his hand on his knee to keep it in place. "What's up?"

"I've decided I want to check myself into Eichen house for a few days." Her words come out rushed and a bit panicked, she doesn't know how he'll react to this.

"I'm coming with you." He blurts out without any hesitation, casual like it's something he would do for anyone even though he absolutely hates the place and she knows it.

"No. Stiles you aren't, you hate that place."

"I'm not letting you go somewhere where you almost got killed by one of the orderlies." He shifts so he's facing her more alert and determined than before.

"He almost killed you too!" Lydia does the same as him, almost a playful look on her face even though this is a serious situation.

"But see we are still both alive. Teamwork." She rolls her eyes at this, but doesn't feel enough strength to put up more of a fight.

"Fine but they'll probably split us up." She sort of mumbles to herself but he can hear her.

There's no way they'd keep them together if they checked in together. They'd probably find joy in spitting the pair up, a scared Stiles and a flustered Lydia. Left alone with two really crazy people, not being able to talk until visiting hours or whatever.

"Listen, we'll find a way to stay together. If you really want to go there but I don't think it's a good idea. They don't even help people they drive them off the edge, really. I don't trust any of the doctors there. There's something up with them." Stiles rambles on until his words trail off losing his train of thought.

"But they might."

"Why can't we check into one not in Beacon Hills. I'll drive and everything, it's not like I couldn't use it either. I do I have some intense nightmares still." His face is in his hands and he's shaking his head. "Why can't we just go on a road trip. Road trips always help my mental state."

"For real? A roadtrip? Where would we go?" Lydia rolls her eyes once more at the crazy thought of going on a road trip to fix her mental state.

"Wherever you want, I don't care." He's pacing back and forth now, obviously worried about her. The eichen house will do more harm than good thought he knows that for a fact. When he went there he felt like he went more crazy. "We could even bring our friends if you want."

They could use a vacation. They're always being chased by something or mourning over someone or worse. Maybe life will get a bit better during the summer, things seem to stay good for a while. Sure, things will get bad again but atleast a road trip would get their minds off of it.

"Friends as in just Scott and Kira? Or Scott, Kira, Malia, and her friend Theo?" She huffs out at the thought of Malia being with some random guy who just showed up saying he knows Scott and that he was in our grade. Frankly Lydia doesn't remember him at all.

"No. I don't trust Theo. I'm okay with Malia now, I understand we weren't meant to be. But Theo isn't the same." Stiles is now talking with his hands while pacing distressed at the thought of Scott letting him into the pack.

"Maybe we should just go alone then." She realizes what she says right as soon as it came out and sighs.

"So you agreed? We're going on a road trip instead of crazy eichen house?" He stops pacing and exclaims a bit excitement filling through his body.

"No, I didn't agree." Her hand is on her forehead and then she starts rubbing her eyes at the fireball in front of her.

"You kinda did, Lyds." He states teasing her.

"I don't know if I want to go on a road trip. I was planning on going to eichen house to get help. I'm having issues and I'm scared, Stiles. I don't know what I want to do." Her voice cracks at the end of the sentence and he sits down and rubs her back.

"We don't have to go on a road trip. I just don't like eichen house and I don't think it'll help you. Maybe a road trip would get your mind off of things, you know? But it's 100% up to you, Lyds."

They sit there for what seems like a day, Stiles rubbing her back soothingly and Lydia just breathing trying to think of what she wants to do. She woke up so determined, knowing exactly what she wants to do but maybe going to some crazy mental hospital wont help.

"What about your job?" That's really the only thing she can choke out of her throat.

"What about it? I've been working there long enough I have like 3 months up in vacation time." He smiles smugly because he's proud of himself for saving that up now because now he might get to go on a road trip with one of his favorite people.

"That is pretty cool." She chuckles a bit at his excitement seeping through.

"So you want to go on a vacation or what?"

---------------------------

Hey guys, sorry it's been awhile. I haven't really gotten around to writing.

So do you guys want them to go on a small vacation or crazy eichen house which would be protective!stiles af.

yes the little part of the you're not going without me was inspired by this weeks episode which was absolutely amazing.

maybe a little feedback? (:

xoxo, em.